Life after Storm

Shavings

Visit site
So life has kept going after the loose of our beloved storm.

my mother felt very lost for the first week but then decided she wanted the whippet.

I found the whippet about 3 days after storms diagnosed, he is a recuse and a little nervous but with love and time he coming out of his shell more and more, his name was Popeye but we wanted to say goodbye to the old and welcome to your new life of being spoilt, so hello Brody!
he is glued to my mother (really helped her grief) but still edgy of normal house hold items (washing machine, hose pipe and so on) and strangers but he made friends with the post man this morning (he has been putting dog treats though the box after my mum picks up the letters)

many mothers birthday is June 22ed and I have got this picture of storm done, it’s currently sat in our spare room, I can’t look at it, I’m just not “healed” yet

so here dear horse and hound dog lovers
Here for you is storms picture and a photo of Brody although he is very shy of the camera

Brody on the sofa with my mother (he only started to nap like this a few days ago)
620705F1-C466-4830-B37E-826F7B05285C.jpeg
storm
6A8F3183-4E98-4123-A56B-BB5EC72E1D42.jpeg

Bellasophia

Visit site
We’ll done Brody ,he had big shoes to fill .Hes doing such a good job already.I love his markings.
The portrait is stunning.The artist has captured his eyes and expression perfectly..anyone would be proud to have that in their home.It will be very comforting to your mom to see her boy still “ with her “for all time .

P3LH

Visit site
Wonderful pictures. I think your mum will really adore that portrait. It’s also lovely to ‘see’ someone taking such a sensible approach to things moving forward too. I know it’s different for everyone but I always live by the words a very wise vet gave me quite a long time ago after having my first dog pts - ‘whilst it’s dreadfully sad to lose them, we know they won’t last as long as we do - and life has to carry on.’ We’ve always welcomed a new dog in within a month or two of losing one and for us, it works.

Whippet is lovely too. The more I see of them the more I’m intrigued by their mellow take on life. I grew up around a lot of terriers and sighthounds and wrongly always dismissed them I think.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
The portrait is a beautiful memento of Storm, and Brody looks like he knows he's fallen on his feet, he's a lucky boy.

Emilieu

Visit site
Brody’s colouring is very like my friend’s new dog. He is also a rainbow dog, come to help heal the loss of his predecessor.
I love the portrait, there is so much character and life in it. I can understand why it is hard to look at when your heart is still so raw.

Moobli

Visit site
A beautiful portrait and Brody seems to be doing a very good job of helping your mum through her grief. How is she finding a whippet after having a GSD - quite some change I would imagine.