Life in the old dog yet

Auslander

Visit site
Considering he was retired from competition at 11, and almost written off completely at 15, due to unsoundness, I don't think the old man is looking too shabby at 24!
Shoes are going back on this weekend - and then he can start yet another "just one more year" of bouncing round the lanes, spooking, spinning and tanking off.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

rextherobber

Visit site
One of my favourite HHO horses, always look forward to a post about him - thought he was going to jump out at one point!

Caol Ila

Visit site
He looks awesome. You got any magic tricks for managing arthritis in old draft crosses? I feel like I'm in a knock-down-drag-out fight at the moment, and barely clinging on by fingernails.

Auslander

Visit site
He looks awesome. You got any magic tricks for managing arthritis in old draft crosses? I feel like I'm in a knock-down-drag-out fight at the moment, and barely clinging on by fingernails.
He has a Cartrophen jab every couple of months, and I make him move a lot, even if its just going for a wander hand in hand

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
He looks fab...daughters mare is 23 and we said we d retired her but last week daughter decided to get in the arena for a pootle and we had to pop her on the lunge for a short while as she bounced around in hand walking into the arena...no decorum ....

Auslander

Visit site
He looks fab...daughters mare is 23 and we said we d retired her but last week daughter decided to get in the arena for a pootle and we had to pop her on the lunge for a short while as she bounced around in hand walking into the arena...no decorum ....
I was planning to take him for a wander down the lane after his school session. but he was about 18.3hh and very pissagey/snorty when I caught so I decided to put him back in the field instead!

Nicnac

Visit site
Can't believe he's 24 but guess we've both been on here a while and have also aged (in years, not in mind!) He's looking wonderful and self-lunges beautifully.