Lightweight saddles

Kylara

Visit site
The horse hunt is continuing with some very promising results. So I thought I'd start actively researching saddles that fit within my requirements. Will probably need to be second hand, but may be able to buy new if not expensive (doubtful)

Lightweight. I need a dressage saddle that doesn't weigh a tonne as I am small and don't enjoy hefting them onto horses, no matter how comfy they are (albion I'm looking at you).

Short flaps. Either shorter than normal or potential for a saddler to change without costing more than the saddle! I have very short legs and have no desire to be kicking the saddle.

Or a junior's dressage saddle. I haven't done a huge amount of looking at these yet but figure they would have shorter flaps.

Knee block preferably not huge and due to tiny legs I'm not sure if I'll be able to find one in the right place.

Leather. Must be leather, I've had my fill of synthetics and ride lots of my clients ponies in synthetic PC saddles and I'd rather have leather.

Any ideas? Not sure on my seat size (I fit in the small pony ones but I'll be having a trek next week to a saddler to sit in some saddles I think. My current searching is somewhat limited as I don't know many brands and I don't know what size the horse will be but probably a medium/medium wide I'd think.

BlackRider

Visit site
have a look at the Heather Moffat Finesse - they're lightweight and are so comfortable to ride on (memory foam seat), they aren't leather though, but they're nothing like a wintec!

Kylara

Visit site
HM's saddles are also treeless/weird trees and no matter how much they claim to look similar to leather, they are obviously synthetic so it will be a no for any of her stuff I'm afraid.