likits

Josh_craney

Visit site
i bought my pony one a few weeks ago but she wont touch it i dont think she knows what it is, its hungup at the right height of the withers and stuff, she just will not lick it her last big block lick she loved it, so how do i get her to realise what this is and use it???
its the cherry one btw.

Blizzard

Visit site
When I introduce a horse to them if they are scared of it or dont bother with it I generally hold it in my own hands and rave on about how yummy it is LOL! Their curiosity soon gets the better of them, and a sniff becomes a lick becomes addiction!

Or you can make sure yur horse sees another horse licking it so he realises what it is, or take it out of the holder and see if he will entertain it first that way.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
mine wouldnt touch them at first, so i just left in in his stable, after a week or too came up one night and it was nearly gone

dont think mine knew what it was either at first, just leave him too it, he will soon learn he is meant to lick it

pottamus

Visit site
My boy was scared of his because when ever he went near it, it moved and scrapped on the wall!!! I had to hold it for him and wet a bit so he could smell it and then he gradually started licking it. Once they get the hang of it beware...! My boy quickly learnt that big chunks could be bitten off it instead of all this licking nonsense. I have to give it to him for 10 mins and take it away and even then he has got through a third of it!!! When I buy one...he only gets them occasionally..he dances round his stable waiting for it to be put up! Greedy boy!

Tia

Visit site
None of my horses like Likits. I never buy them stuff like this so they are not used to them....however I have a fair few people who come to my farm and often they bring treats for the horses; carrots, apples and once in a while a Likit. None of my guys are keen on apples or carrots so it is usually just one or two horses who end up being given the lot. I have a Likit holder (given by a kindly soul) and any time I am given a Likit I always put it up.......it hangs there for months and no-one touches it! Eventually I take it down and bin it.

Chex

Visit site
Chex will lick it if I hold it, but not if I put it in a holder. Same with the salt lick, if I hold it he'll lick it for ages, but if I put it in a bucket he won't touch it, its not even that he's too stupid to, just seems to think I'm there to hold it for him! I don't really bother with likits, he's not too fussed with that sort of thing, he much prefers the horselyx.

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Axel really likes the banana ones, but wont actually lick them, he bites them instead! Any other flavour he wont touch. He ate a whole banana one in 2 days once
tongue.gif

Sal_E

Visit site
Roxy, you just need to hold the Likit for your horse so she gets a taste for it whilst not having to 'fight' for it. Once she realises she likes it, you should be able to hang it back up. My horse is quite fussy about the flavour of Likits she likes - the clear favourite is the raspberry & vanilla...

Louby

Visit site
Hi, I got the cherry one too and he wont touch it although he loves the carrot one. My friends horse doesnt like the cherry one either.