Lincoln RC Champs - mmmm bit long

kick_On

Visit site
elo everybody
just got back from a few days off and thought i should post report about Rc Champs. I went as a groom to our two individual rider in novice and open dressage. It started with a 5 and half hour drive from deepest gloucestershire on friday evening to get to Lincoln. When we arrived after a hair pull'in journey we meet the 'flu vac checkers' - understand why it needs to be done - but you always get the feeling they really want to find someone to turn away cos it not right!!!!
Next parked in view of our allocated stables and straightway people next to us were moaning that we had even dared parked next to them - i really do need this explained to me???? why some poeple are just soo... unfriendly!!!. Unpacked ggs and sorted out stuff and as both horse weren't on until saturday afternoon, decided to break open the wine and had good chatty evening.
Next day on saturday got up and sorted gg out and as both friends were riding late had lots of time to take in show. When over to see rural riders - 6 riders doing dressage test at same time - brillant!!!! watchin them was a source of inspriation - need to sort out team, looks like soo... much fun but very technical. Then watched some sj and checked out dressage area.
Popped back to stables to get first rider ready, so lots of polishin and washin, my friend was doing elem test. She hopped on board so when along to help at warm up with stick and boots etc. Than it came to her test.. WOW
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
what a fab test she gave and at end we looked at dressage judge and she was smiling, so thinking done a good test so popped back to stables and left gg with plaits in. Then started polishing second gg and got rider ready, but this time results of first test weren't out, so not to worried. So sent second rider off to warm up and we decided to check out scores again, lucky we did as my friend was OMG 3rd and prize givin was NOW!!!!! (mounted!!). Rushed back to stables and tacked up in two seconds and left first rider to sort as second rider who was just about to start test and OMG we had her jacket. So had to run half the show ground to get her jacket - wow just in time. And my second friend also i thought did a lovely prelim test.
So we decide again not to take plaits out and wait for results OMG!!!!! it took about an hour and half after class had end for result to come out!!!!! - pl can someone explain why
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
-but OMG my friend was second!!!!! brilliant
Prize giving was at 7.15pm and we had at least a 4-5hour journey home, but i have to say we had a very good journey home and couldn't really ask for a better result for both friends
thanks for reading
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Zebedee

Visit site
First of all well done to your friends! The standard at Lincoln was incredibley high this year.
I can assure you that the flu-check team are not looking for failures! If a 'dodgy' cert is found it gets looked at everywhich way by at least two people to see if theres any way that a mistake has been made in the initial assessment so that the horse can be allowed to compete.
As for the scoring taking so long I can only guess that with so many sections running on the one day that it took time to process all the information into the computer. I do know that the presentation team were pretty much going from about 2.30pm til about 7.30pm. As you will have probably noticed each presentation takes quite some while, with sponsors information & comentary notes all needing to be read out.
Glad you had such a great result.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Hi, I was there on Sat to but jumping...OMG what a long day. My class started at 9am, I wasn't in till 11.10 first round, then 2nd round i was in at 15.40 and that round didnt finish till 5.30pm. I dread to think what time the jump of etc finished as we left before then. Well we knew I hadnt come anywhere as had faults etc...

Was a fab event though and very unexpected the standard of some people. Great experience and Star was brill..couldnt fault her considering it was her first big event like that
smile.gif
well now we know what to aim for next year, and also going to try and do dressage as well by then
smile.gif

The bit about people getting narky about parking - have to admit i was one of them
tongue.gif
when we arrived and checked in (we were on the last block on the end) the organiser said to park outside the stable and if anyone was outside it, we had every right to ask them to move!! So we drove to the stable and tuh dah, somone parked right outside....sooo as there was just enough room infront of there lorry and no one was around to move it, we parked infront. They did come and get the hint and moved it back, not before making a stink over it!!! lol...sorry its not funny...but hey ho these things happen.

Well done to your friends though, wicked results
smile.gif

xoxalicexox

Visit site
heya, i went up on sunday to watch a friend who was jumping, i thought it was fantastic, a great atmosphere. They also had a long journey home, think it took them about 5 and a half hours, they couldnt decide if they should stay for the prizegiving, lucky they diddnt. Well done!! xx

Sparklet

Visit site
I went Sat for Nov dressage - warmed up like a star, jittery but sane when I was sent through to do my test. My arena was in the far corner near the hedge adjacent to the main thoroughfare.

Set off to trot round the arena at the same time as two kids decided to play skidding on their bikes in the gravel on the other side of the hedge - horse completely freaked.

Awful test - at least the judge made some kind comments. Certainly not my day but really glad that I went.

kick_On

Visit site
elo zebedee
my comment about flu checker, i full understand why it need to but our person was 'defo over keen' and in our area our details on flu vac are checked at areas and placed on to computer data base so when i did horse trails and then dressage they knew that gg was ok. I we just had a hell of journey and to meet by over keen people, was a bit much. Re-going though flu stuff, with their dials!! but i what i thought was great that they did check that passport fitted horse.
As for scoring i'm
confused.gif
confused.gif
cos when i've done BE, BD or run show, it's never taken that long!!! we are now in the computer age and it's the most fustraiting thing not knowing if we could go home or have to go to prize giving.
But hopfully it will be sorted as i've spoken to friends in other area and it was bad this year and i'm defo past my comments to area organiser for AGM.
BUT in they defence it was a very large show and we did have a good time in the end
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
and i know that most of the jobs were done by rc volunteers doing their duty. And i defo want to quailfiy myself next year, so it can't of been that BAD!
g