Lindon Stud (CB's) to sell off its stock.

SillySausage

Visit site
Copied from their facebook page:

"It is with great sadness that i have to inform you that the Lindon Stud is selling all of it's stock and will be giving up with breeding Cleveland bays.

Please contact me if interested in any of our stock
We have for sale:
Lindon Principal
Lindon May Week
Lindon Ceres
Lindon Jubilee
Stainmore Nettle"

Very, very sad. I am about to finish my degree at the Riseholme Campus of the University of Lincoln (home of the stud), and they are all such lovely horses - especially the stallion Prince!

Thought I would put it on here incase there are any CB enthusiasts/breeders out there who may be interested...

Clippy

Visit site
It's tragic for a struggling breed like the Cleveland Bay.

Do you know why they're selling up?

tilly17

Visit site
To quote Bishop Burtons website:

"Bishop Burton College was announced as the preferred bidder to offer further education (FE) provision at Riseholme College following a competitive tendering process led by the Skills Funding Agency and the Young People’s Learning Agency."

So the closing of nthe stud has nothing to do with the College. The HE provision is still provided by the University of Lincoln, but I would doubt they have anything to do with it either. Sadly in this economic climate education providers cannot continue to subsidise commercial enterprises that are no longer comercially viable.

Rollin

Visit site
I would love to have the stallion here in France if I did not already have two stallions. He has a superb pedigree, is ridden by the students and has been used by our Royal Patron to cover her mares.

I hope he finds a good home he deserves it.