Linseed, outshine or rice bran(

Vickijay

Visit site
Good morning!

Due to a nationwide shortage of copra I'm having to change my feeds :(

My 2 horses hot up very easily so want to go with one of those options to be added to their feed (which is now pure condition) and wondered what everyone thought was best. They are barefoot too.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance :)

eggs

Visit site
I wouldn't waste my money on Outshine. Yes, you do get good results with it but there are plenty of cheaper ways of getting the same result.

I favour micronised linseed (I get mine from John Chapman at Graven Horse Feeds - much cheaper than Charnwood).

rara007

Visit site
I like outshine, easy to use! Has really picked up my cob, he isn't all that keen on it though tbh! He may have a bit more energy it's hard to judge, but he's by no means now sharp :)

Scarlett

Visit site
Linseed or Omega Rice which is linseed and rice bran combined. I feed linseed al year round and add OR in winter if they drop off. All also barefoot.

showaddy1

Visit site
I feed linseed, both mares live out - and ppl comment on how good they look, so I guess it works?!
I pay 20 quid a bag, which lasts 2 months for 2..

FairyLights

Visit site
Outshine. it outshines thew competition by a long way (sorry!). Its an excellent product and contains other oils as well as linseed .

whizzer

Visit site
I've tried numerous things but always go back to linseed. Never hots up my extremely sensitive,sharp TB & keeps weight on him plus lovely shine. Equijewell sent him nuts but bizarrely he was ok on the Falcon feeds Omega rice but I had to order that in & he looked no better on it than the linseed. I think outshine is just an expensive way of feeding linseed & soya? I tried adding on soya as well a couple of winters ago as a local shop sell bags of that cheaply but again found it didn't make any noticeable differance. This year I tried the thunderbrook feeds stuff that got hemp & rice bran & other oil based stuff in but again he looked no better on that than good old linseed! Used the thunderbrook stuff up & just got linseed in again.