Liphook vets admin

Chianti

Visit site
Has anyone else been less than impressed by Liphook's admin? After a visit the vet prescribed a shampoo. This didn't arrive so I called the vet- she said she would check with their admin if it had been sent. A few days passed and it still hadn't arrived so I called the office. They had no record of the vet chasing it so sent out a bottle. I've now received an invoice for the shampoo but not the visit. Do I call them or ignore it and see what happens?

Carrottom

Visit site
Not Liphook, but I have often found vets admin somewhat haphazard. I just keep my own records and pay invoices as they arrive. I have always found they catch up eventually. If a drug was prescribed I would normally go to collect it.

sport horse

Visit site
I am not a regular client of Liphook. However last summer I had a colic case referred to them from my own vets. Liphook were fantastic. My horse arrived there at about 1am. The vet spoke to me on the phone at length and subsequently operated which saved the mare's life. The after care and support was also absolutley A1. The horse is now back fit and well and competing. Thank you Liphook - the vets, nursing staff and office staff.

As for your bottle of shampoo? Just deal with it and do not run down a fantastic vet practice on social media. As I was told once by the best boss I ever had 'The only person who never makes a mistake is the person who does nothing'

sam72431

Visit site
My horse is currently in Liphook and they have been fantastic staff all friendly and really care. I've had daily phone calls about how she is doing and I can also ring to see how she is as well! They are very very very busy maybe they had an emergency which is probably more important than shampoo?

Chianti

Visit site
I am not a regular client of Liphook. However last summer I had a colic case referred to them from my own vets. Liphook were fantastic. My horse arrived there at about 1am. The vet spoke to me on the phone at length and subsequently operated which saved the mare's life. The after care and support was also absolutley A1. The horse is now back fit and well and competing. Thank you Liphook - the vets, nursing staff and office staff.

As for your bottle of shampoo? Just deal with it and do not run down a fantastic vet practice on social media. As I was told once by the best boss I ever had 'The only person who never makes a mistake is the person who does nothing'

I'm not 'running them down' - I'm a new client and just not very impressed so far. I've had horses for 30 odd years and in that time been with three other vets and have never had an issue with prescribed goods being delivered or invoices not arriving. It wasn't just a shampoo to wash my pony but was to treat a very bad skin condition. I should add I haven't been that impressed with the vet. She obviously hadn't chased the delivery with the office when she said she would and I sent her photos of the pony to show how he'd improved and didn't receive a reply.

Chianti

Visit site
Not Liphook, but I have often found vets admin somewhat haphazard. I just keep my own records and pay invoices as they arrive. I have always found they catch up eventually. If a drug was prescribed I would normally go to collect it.

I can't collect as I work and it's too far away to get there and the agreement was they would send it. I can't pay the invoice if it hasn't arrived.

fusspot

Visit site
I moved all mine to Liphook 6 years ago and they have been brilliant.I regularly had things sent over the last 2 years and everything was always here in less than 48 hours.Regarding the invoice for the visit-it depends when the visit occurred in the month.I have generally found that if the vet came between the 1st and say 5th-you will get a Bill straight away.If it’s any later than that in the month it generally seems to go over to the next bill run the following month and you may not receive the bill for 6 weeks.They Invoice other stuff sent out straight away.If you have been forgotten about regarding the visit-just keep quiet and feel you have got lucky.You said you were not that impressed by the vet and sounds like was a lady vet-I would be very surprised as I have had most of the road vets at some point and have all been excellent-one of the lady vets even ringing and messaging me when off duty over Christmas and New Year when my pony was very sick.

Chianti

Visit site
I phoned the office Friday morning and spoke to someone in accounts. She wasn't able to tell me what had happened and said she'd investigate and call me back. Haven't heard anything as yet. The yard owner - who used to own the pony - told me yesterday afternoon that she'd had the invoice for my visit so it looks like although I'd registered him with them it went wrong somewhere along the line.

sport horse

Visit site
Maybe it would have been better that you had phoned the office and sorted things prior to posting on social media. I could not blame the vets if you are not exactly top priority in future and it can hardly be difficult for them to work out who you are. Just my opinion - sorry.

Chianti

Visit site
I was just interested if it was a pattern in their admin and other people had experienced difficulties. As I said previously I've had horses for years, used a few vets and never had a problem with their admin. Every business makes mistakes and I accept that. If they don't want me as a customer then I'm happy for them to tell me that. If they feel threatened by a post on a forum then perhaps they need to review their self evaluation processes. Liphook vets and clinic have a very good reputation and that's why I was happy to move to them but it's irritating when you have to chase invoices and a bit disappointing when a vet doesn't respond to a text updating them on the condition you called them out for.