liphook

simone666

Visit site
horse is having digital radiography, been sent there by vet, had on going problem with back legs(hips we now think)
vet said horse 5/10 lame, no pretty to look at when looking at her from behind, walks with very snachy strides?
Can anyone explain in english, layman terms would be good

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
5/10 lame is pretty lame (10/10ths is when they can't put any weight on the foot) When they say she walks with very snatchy strides I imagine they mean the movement is not smooth, that the horse is picking the leg up quickly rather than smoothly. This is just a guess though, cwn you not call your vet and ask them to explain again in simple terms? When is she going to Liphook? They are great there so I am sure will be able to give you a full explanation of what they are doing and seeing.

eekmon

Visit site
My vets are Walmsleys ( Liphook) They are great for explaining things in plain english! If You don't understand anything along the way just ask ! My boy had an emergency op up there and they were very understanding and explained everything to me ( even when I was nearly having hysterics!
blush.gif
) Let us know the outcome.