liquid rubber flooring

Malibu

Visit site
So we are getting the new stables together and we are getting rubber mats but i have seen liquid rubber flooring which looks great - no water or muck under mats, dont need to lift them, no bumps etc. So those are the good points but has anyone else used them and what do you think, any cons?

thanks

Malibu

Visit site
Yes magic104- its so expensive compared to mats, it work out for the 12 by 14ft stable approx 400 pounds! But the mats we looked at are approx 350 for one stable! My one concern was that it wouldnt be as thick as mats!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Rubber paint wouldn't give you any advantages to be honest as you would have to use all your normal bedding so wouldn't save costs that way at all.
Have you looked in the agricultural section say of the Farmer's Guardian or something as they seem a lot cheaper than equine prices, also has to last with lots of cattle going over it every day so might be tougher quality too.

(Did the Bonner Bandage do any good or not, I haven't heard?)

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Are we talking the same stuff MFH_09? I am referring to the granulated liquid rubber which comes in bags is mixed & then rollered onto the base. This is suitable for stables, ramps etc & can be laid thick enough to cut down on bedding. Before we used rubber mats we had the bedding upto the door now it is confined in one large corner. Unlike most of the others at our yard, the bedding is quiet deep, not just sprinkled on top.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
Are we talking the same stuff MFH_09? I am referring to the granulated liquid rubber which comes in bags is mixed & then rollered onto the base. This is suitable for stables, ramps etc & can be laid thick enough to cut down on bedding. Before we used rubber mats we had the bedding upto the door now it is confined in one large corner. Unlike most of the others at our yard, the bedding is quiet deep, not just sprinkled on top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think so, my mistake. I was thinking more of the rubber paint sometimes used in shippons, dairies, parlours to make washing down far easier, not something that can be laid thick enough as a bed. We went into painting the strip in front of our inside stables 15 years ago and it would have cost nearly £500 then, dread to think what it would be today!

claire1976

Visit site
I love the liquid rubber flooring and would deffo have it if I could afford it. We had it at my first livery yard and it was ace. Lovely and cushioned, no leaky joins like mats. Hardly used any bedding - just where they weed.
I have mats now which are still better for me and my mare than concrete floors but liquid is still the best! Only dis-advantage is if you move yards you can't take it with you but if its for your own stables then go for it.

claire1976

Visit site
Yes, the ones we had were as thick as the cheaper rubber mats which were fine for horses even with minimal bedding. I think they come in bags as per stable size and you can either DIY or pay company to lay it. Best to speak to them about thickness but I'm sure you can pay extra for more liquid.

Rambo

Visit site
I've only ever seen liquid rubber flooring used in horseboxes / trailers, and it isn't laid that deep (approx 1cm). Not sure if would set the same way if used in a stable as presumably you'd be after more like a 2-3cm depth ? It also sets with a rough surface, so not sure how good it would be for mucking out / sweeping
crazy.gif