Liquid rubber matting

cariad

Visit site
Does anyone have any experience of liquid rubber matting as opposed to stable mats? Thought it might save all the hauling about that seems to be the downside to mats. Thanks.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I have never actually lifted my mats (they have been down for 2 years now)!!
shocked.gif

The down side of Liquid rubber matting is if you move, you can't take it with you.

kerilli

Visit site
i never lift my mats either. i can't see why people do. as long as you disinfect on top, have decent drainage, and use enough absorbent bedding, it won't smell. the bacteria that make it smell need oxygen to breed, so leaving the mats down stops them breeding.

Tiffany

Visit site
If I had my own yard I'd deffo have liquid rubber but because I'm on a livery yard I have mats. I lift mine twice a year but they are quite light so I can do it on my own.
smile.gif

Cobland

Visit site
Weve got the rubber matting, twice a year we clean the stable out totally, lift the mats and give the stable a good clean out!

When the mats were bought we were told that you had to clean under it twice a year

cariad

Visit site
Thanks. Gosh, doesn't the Forum fill up fast? I'm not thinking of moving having just moved to a place with 11 acres and 4 stables, which is why I could consider a more permanent solution. The stables are situated facing a small paddocky/ turn -out grassed area and my thoughts were that if it was truly horrible weather, I could turn the horses out there, leaving their stable doors open, so they have the choice of in or out as they like and I just liked the idea of rubber flooring.