Little Bugger tanked off with me!!!!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Well it wasn't totally her fault. We went out this morning with another of the liverys and it was just going to be a quiet walk around the block as my mare has lost a shoe and had an equi boot on her shoeless hoof. We had a little trot up a hill as there were some blokes with a chain saw in the field and it was easier to go past quickly rather than slowly
grin.gif
At the top of the hill I realised that Crop had lost her equi boot so we turned around and the nice men stopped the chainsaw. The said boot was rescued and we went to the pub car park to put it back on. The clasps (i think you call them that) had dug into the very top of her cornet and had cut her
frown.gif
so the boot was left off and we made our way slowly back towards home.

We decided to cut through the fields to keep her off the road as much as possible. Thats when the trouble started!! My friends horse took off at the bottom of the hill and we ended up in hot persuit. Not my choice!! I make no bones about galloping, I HATE IT!! It scares the living crap out of me but Crop was determined not to be left behind and gallop we did. My friend got control of her mare and slowed down, phew I thought but oh no, Crop had different ideas, the brakes were not working at all and I ended up hollering that I couln't stop and we went flying past them. I did panic a bit I have to admit and thinking about it now I should of yanked her hard with one rein then the other rather than trying to stop her with both. At the end of the field we going up a little slope and onto a very boggy pathway and thankfully she slowed and the brakes finally worked.

She is SO strong and just sticks her head down and goes like a trojan. We ended up laughing about but my arms went to jelly. I don't think we will be taking up hunting in a rush!!

GoJo

Visit site
*lol* sorry couldn't help but chuckle reading that- it gives a very good mental image of a 3 shoed horse and ghost white rider going full pelt up the hill! glad she stopped before the bog though- hope she's a little more controlled for you next time!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I have to admit I did have visions of reaching the boggy bit and me being cannon-balled off!! Glad it made you laugh
grin.gif
it is ok to laugh about it now but I pooped myself at the time. I must learn to think more when things go wrong. I know now what I should of done but my brain didn't engage at the time, neither did my brakes LOL

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I certainly won't be cantering in that field for a while thats for sure!! I 'think' that my confidience is still ok LOL My mares real name is Acropolis, Cropi or Crop for short, I do have several other nick names for her as well, probably best not put them on here though!!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Which is the appalloosa, the one that tanked off? My now retired girl, who never had brakes or manners would have done that, fortunaely the 11 year old appalloosa is much better, I sometimes wonder why I got another, but I am glad I did.

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Cropi is the Appy, the one who tanked off! She is gorgeous, very loving, very cheeky.... we just have brake failure quite often, but not as bad as yesterday I have to admit
shocked.gif
She has this thing about putting her head down and going like a bull, full steam ahead!!

Does your Appy have bad feet? Crops are terrible at the moment, no growth and she keeps losing shoes on her offside
confused.gif
I think I am going to have to invest in some Old Mac boots to give her feet a rest from shoes and try and get some decent growth. The continual re-shoeing is making her feet even worse with the extra nail holes.

I love my appy to bits, she is so beautiful (in my opinion) and has a great personality
grin.gif