Little Foaly Update

Flash_28

Visit site
Been a bit quiet on the Foaly News.

He is doing a lot better with the hind legs and has put a bit more weight on, although it is beginning to slow down a little bit now. The vet was quite happy when they saw him the last time. Have put a few more images on his facebook page.

Flash_28

Visit site
Whats the FB page? All sounding good so far, sorry, don't know the story. Hope it keeps up :)

Hello

His FB page is Axel Foaly. Should be a little image of him peering over a stable door as his profile picture.

To cut quite a long story short. I rescued Foaly from going to the meat man and he arrived in quite a poor condition. There are pictures from when he 1st arrived on his FB page. They don't really show how slim he was. The transporters delayed his travel to the UK for a week as they were worried he may not make the trip. The problem with his hind legs is upward fixation of the patella which is as a direct result of his poor condition and being stabled for almost a month. Although he is much better now with more condition and staying out as much as possible. He is still the kind sweet little foal who turned up a few months back. :)

Last edited:

Flash_28

Visit site
Foaly is getting better all the time. A little image of him after having a tootsie trim last week. He spent his 1st full night in the stable at the weekend due to heavy rain and thunderstorms and walked out pefectly the next day :) So very glad as it was the 1st full night in the stable since being diagnosed with his patella problem and a comfort knowing with winter rapidly closing in!

I am also going to try him on Sarc-Ex for the sarcoid on his ear. Was thinking of mixing it with yoghurt and syringing it to him as I don't want to put him off of his food. Any ideas or thoughts on if this would be ok for him and maybe something better to mix it in.

037.jpg

041.jpg

Flash_28

Visit site
he's lovely! (i've added him as a friend on FB if that's ok)

you could try mixing it with apple sauce too, that's quite effective!

Thank you Jen and yes of course it is fine to add him as a friend on FB! Thank you for the apple sauce tip I may try that one although he still doesn't get what apples and carrots are :(

He's v nice,hope it all goes well. How old is he? Did you ever see his mum? Do you know what breed he is? Good Luck with everything,he def looks a keeper :)

Thank you Fruity for the kind words and luck. He is now with me for life :) He is an ISH and I do know who his parents are. He is by Cruisings Ambassador (ISH) and his mum was a TB by Darazari who was sired by Saddlers Wells. He is now coming up to 16 months old and I have had him since mid May.