Little fury girl in hospital

Stella

Visit site
One of my Standard Poodles is in hospital tonight. She has a total dislocation of the hip and is having surgery tomorrow. This happened after a fairly small quarral with her sister. The vet said this sort of injury is usually seen after a major trauma such as falling off a cliff (!!!) or being hit by a car, so they will probably find something else going on that predisposed her to this. I love my dogs and she is such a sweetie, so of course whatever she needs she will have, but this is looking like an £800 bill so far and comes only a couple of months after my other Standard had emergency surgery for gastric torsion (£1200). The cost of that is still sitting on a credit card. If one more b****y person asks me if they are insured .....
crazy.gif

It will be good to have her home bless her, even if I will be on bread and water with Christmas coming up and my wagon to be taxed at the end of the month!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Hope she makes a full recovery. One of my Mums GSDs dislocated a hip falling off a fire escape, but she also shattered the hip so had to have it removed (like the operation they used to do for HD). She made a good recovery though was not able to be shown anymore (prior to this she had been tipped to become a Champion!). I am sure your girl will be back to normal before you know it.