little Mattingley XC......

H-J

www.piczo.com
Hi, Went to Little Mattingley at the weekend and had a great run, double clear again so chuffed just need to work on his dressage!!

Was just wondering if the PN XC course (this weekend) is the same as the PN XC course held earlier on in the year?

As some combinations looked like Novice combinations, wondered if they had used some Novice fences as they wasnt running a Novice this time.

siennamiller

Visit site
don't know about your question but well done on dc
grin.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
Thank you was very pleased with him, booked into Smiths Lawn and Firle Novice next so fingers crossed. Also heard someone say Firle wasnt a dressage comp as scary XC which is good for me!!!
smile.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
I am at SL on the tues, I have the programme from Mattingley in the spring knocking around in my lorry so you could look at that if we meet up (there were 2 waters, jump into the 2nd one, a coffin, a ski jump, a double of skinnies, don't know if that helps!!). BBs and Chwee are also going on the tues. Well done!

H-J

www.piczo.com
It must be different I only did one water! And I did a drop then a jump ditch jump, and a corner before that, was that in the May one?

Im at Smiths Lawn Monday, but thanks anyway was just curious as I know somebody who I dont think would of gone clear round yesterdays but they did in the earlier one!! But it was a good set up for my Novice at SL!!

tigers_eye

Visit site
Yes that's the same. corner at the top of the field, then the drop had a sloping palisade on take off so it's a ski jump, then the jump-ditch-jump combo I referred to as a coffin. Also an open ditch (ditch towards) at 5 that I thought was quite stiff. It's definately one of the more educational PN courses around, a good one to do before stepping up to N. Best of luck on Monday.

H-J

www.piczo.com
Yes thats what I thought, I have Noviced before but on a different horse, so we will see how Monday goes!!!!! I will report back.

Thanks for the goodl uck, good luck to you too on Tuesday

ihatework

Visit site
Well done you !!!
The little Mattingly course was a bit shorter than the Mattingly course (they had missed out an extra loop with another water). But the majority of the PN fences were exactly the same in both. They certainly didn't add in 'Novice' fences, if anything they had made the PN fractionally easier, i.e. at fence 5 you just had a steeplechase fence whereas at Mattingly you jumped the ditch and pallisade to the left of it.
But it really is a lovely course isn't it!

Suzy

Visit site
The PN at Little Mattingley is designed to be more straight forward than the May PN. As Ben and Jerry's says it doesn't jump the ditch pallisade, has more alternatives and misses out the second water/ditch loop.

It was a gorgeous course though and well done on a lovely double clear. I was sorry I hadn't entered it as my first PN, but can't complain as my girl was a star at her (hopefully) last intro and won her section so I am now the proud owner of one of the Mattingley cut glass vases! That certainly wouldn't have happened if we'd been attempting our first PN!

H-J

www.piczo.com
Thank you.

Just really need to concentrate on his dressage now. But I think I will have more louck getting placed Novice as he is a good jumper, so hopefully a double clear and an average dressage will get us higher up then it does at PN, fingers crossed!! I have all winter to work on his dressage though I spose
smile.gif

Suzy

Visit site
Thank you - I don't often win prizes so it was a treat. My husband was gutted though as the only other prize I've won this year was at Broadway and they gave away a hamper of goodies - he was hoping for more food!!

I am off to W. Wilts on Saturday for my first PN. She is very spooky so I wanted to keep the momentum up, and will have had two intro runs in a row now, as opposed to the two in three months I've had up to now. I've also entered Burnham Beeches, as I figured that if W. Wilts was a disaster I could ask to drop down to an intro class. If she storms round W. Wilts I might enter Highclere as it is local, but I know it is big and bright and she finds that rather overwhelming - she'd rather something a bit more technical.

Are you out at the moment - I seem to remember that you were giving your youngster a holiday?