Little Monkey's first hack on her own!!

almrc

Visit site
Hi All

Some of you may remember Monkey, I have owned her since she was 1. Here she is when she was a day or so old:

april507310.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

Having not had the best start, I backed her when she was just gone 4. She is 5 in April can't quite believe it! I have taken things steady with her and continue to do so. She is quite weedy for her age (I think) due to her start in life but I am hoping she will catch up! She is currently approx just over 14.3hh and is TB X Hannovarian and New Forest...how tall which she get? Keep growing little Monkey!

When I first backed her, May 2011

259202_10150598673115034_553770033_18597086_2242403_o.jpg

End of summer last year:

328760_10150763482950034_553770033_20292254_6019010_o.jpg

Anyway, shes been having 'issues' recently not wanting to walk down the lane. Bearing in mind I have only ridden her down there twice on her own (with someone walking behind) but today she just walked down, no hesitation, no stopping nothing. She was fab! Hacked her out for about 40 mins she was so good!!! Pics :D Cant wait until winter is over, they always look so hairy! Much better looking in summer but still a gorgeous girl either way

07012012081.jpg

400186_10151111265700034_553770033_22162693_914576195_n.jpg

She is so fab she rides in open fields, canters beautifuly and is just a real pleasure. I am hoping to take her n a few fun rides and to a couple of local shows this year, she's already been in the trailer. What a fab horse and heres to a great future!

Last edited:

Jesstickle

Visit site
She is gorgeous. I am hoping to take my young un out for her first hack tomorrow. Will take someone on foot as I can't find anyone to ride out with :rolleyes: and she needs to get out of the school

Tiffany

Visit site
She's lovely and well done you for bringing her this far. You obviously have a lot of trust in each other.

Like all photos but she looks sooooo cute on second baby one :D

almrc

Visit site
Thanks all :) I rarely have anyone to hack out with so I decided to tke her on her own! Mum was in the car meeting me at points just incase. But shes out hacking on her own! Will take her longer and longer now and she cantered out! Fab

ISHmad

Visit site
She's so pretty and I love her beautiful face. Congratulations on your first solo hack, great that you were able to get some photos of this milestone moment. You should give yourself a massive pat on the back for all the good work you have done with her.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Congratulations, she's turned out to be a super little neddy. All your hard work was totally worth it. :D

As she's nearly five, I wouldn't expect too much more growth height wise, but she should fill out and muscle up alot over the next year. So she will be 'bigger' by the time she's six and take up your leg better. :)

teresagarsden

Visit site
She is so lovely, would also like to say she has very good feet by the looks it.

Its great having young horses everything is new to them and even something as simple as hacking out has its own high and low points but on the good days you can step back and say I did that, pat yourself on the back and give her a big hug.

Well done to you both :O)

sleepykitten

Visit site
She is gorgeous and well done you!

Just one question though, is that a dead body lying next to the car in the picture of you first backing her?? I hope she didn't do that.:D:D:D

indie999

Visit site
What a lovely result, she is lovely and looks very kind. I think you will be ok she is obviously having a nice time to be such a good girl. I know what you mean about the winter coats..like her colour now.wonder what she will come up like when its gone.

At least you have known her from day 1. I would love to know my horses past life.

Good luck nice pics too.

almrc

Visit site
:D hehe thats 'Ivor' not a dead body, don't worry, I used him a bit with Monkey nuts! Does looks like he is squished mind!

So she will not grow much more height wise? I keep hoping she will as I would LOVE to event her, a lot of the off spring from her Sire do very well eventing. Glad she will bulk out too she seems so weeny, but I think she is behind and thats due to the bad start! I knew her when she was about 6 months but was given the pics as I was at the same yard. Unfortunately I wasnt involved with her until she was 1.

And thank you all, I'm glad you like her, can't wait to see what she'll be like grown up. She takes everything in her stride and I think sometimes we need to look back to see how far we have come and what we have achieved thanks to hard work!