little sod.....

cob&onion

Visit site
:rolleyes: bought my colt in today from the field (he is rising 2) , he has been handled but he still has he wild streak in him at times. I moved him to his winter grazing approx month ago and today was his first time on the yard. He is bold as brass and not scared of anything, top this with cheekiness and a bit of spirit and i think i have myself a proper welsh D :D So he came in, had some hay, met the goats in the stable next door and had a groom and a change of rug, apart from the occassional rudeness ie trying to walk through me, getting impatient (being a baby :rolleyes:) he was a good boy.
Went to lead him back to the field and he was a little sod, pulled me up the path on the hill which may i add is on the edge of a very steep bank with not much width :eek: he was so keen to get back!! i managed a bit of control with my halter - i don't think i could have held on if he had had a standard head collar on! little sod was rolling his head and trying to rush back to his field :rolleyes: a few times i thought i was going to fall off the edge of the path!
As soon as i let him go in his field i expected him to explode, but nope he just stood there really calm just looking at me :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I will keep bringing him in everyday for handling and would like him to be bitted in time for the inhand classes in the spring. He hasn't dropped properly yet so is having his op in march to sort it out, so am sure having his man bits don't help matters!
. Still got a way to go yet! :D

Last edited:

Toast

Visit site
Dont you just love em, my rising 2yo colt is similar but he's wbxtb, and when he decides he wants to go out we have an explosive display of acrobatics with much squealing. I still love him though!