Littlest Daughter Tries a Canter!

JAK

Visit site
Littlest disabled daughter has only cantered once previously on LBO but Wednesday night, hemmed in by first CB & then Fat Orange One, she gave it a go!
Clutching on to her saddle & bouncing around rather, she enjoyed it nonetheless & was all smiles afterwards!

Last night, she felt a bit braver & demanded to go 'faster', so MD told her to hang back a bit, kick & say "Go!"
LBO flew past CB & middle daughter, (who was shouting "Sit up & just hold on!") & good old LBO gave her a quick blast halfway round the school & then slowed, stopped & turned round as if to say "Was that OK?"
LBO is a little star & so trustworthy & CB & FOO were rock solid companions in the school for her, so hopefully she might dare let go of her saddle next time! LOL

p.s. Sorry they're such cr*p quality - they looked quite good 'til I uploaded them!
frown.gif

ruscara

Visit site
Oh, that's so cool! And was your heart in your mouth? Bless your darling ponies, they do look after your girls, don't they? I actually remember the first time I cantered - I fell off! I must have been about seven years old. Lovely to see littlest daughter wanting to 'go faster' - and it wasn't a sedate canter, either. That's lovely.

JAK

Visit site
He is wonderful with 'tinies' - they can have no reins whatsoever, be clutching onto the saddle & yet if they 'wobble' or get scared, he'll slow down or stop immediately!

He is perfectly capable of scaring the wits out of a more competent rider however & turns into a loony when MD climbs aboard!

He really is one in a million!
cool.gif

Now, if I could only find one just like him but in 14.2hh..........!

EllieBeast

Visit site
aww, it really is so lovely to see how happy your girls are with their ponies! it is a great advert for what having horses is all about - enjoying yourself! i think far too many kids (and parents for that matter) loose sight of that.
hmm the search for a MBO (medium black one) begins then?
Sarah xXx

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Lovely to see littlest daughter wanting to 'go faster' - and it wasn't a sedate canter, either.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never managed to understand how LBO (& ponies like him) 'know' just how fast/how far their little riders want to go - he just does!

Put a nervous 3 year old him (as we did the other night) & he turns into a beach donkey! Sadly, he can't jump any more but put a competent child on him & whack the jumps up & he instantly turns into Milton! (Or Red Rum if you're in an open field! LOL)

JAK

Visit site
The few sessions she's had riding FOO have done her the world of good, as he is such a naughty little brute (even MD has got off him before now & refused to get back on again! LOL) - she is now much more confident riding her own pony & has suddenly started riding LBO every day for the last couple of months, as opposed to only 2 or 3 times a week & insisting on being led everywhere!
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
Considering Fat Orange One is prone to getting vastly over-excited & CB is a 'troll with issues', they have both made excellent 'babysitters' & haven't really put a foot wrong so far!

'Course, at his age, LBO knows pretty much all there is to know about teaching small children to ride anyway & he is one of the most predictable ponies (good & bad! LOL) that I have ever met tbh, that isn't a total plod - which he most definitely isn't!

JAK

Visit site
I wonder if there is a bigger version of him of there somewhere - an elderly ex show pony that would like a quieter, more restful retirement? Nicely schooled, lovely manners & attitude, just getting on a bit!

I'd love to find one similar to him - a tot could lunge him, he knows all the voice commands & he has clearly been beautifully schooled etc. in the past, as I think he knows far more stuff than we will ever discover in his present role as 'teacher of tiny tots' & 'small child's best friend'!
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
Ponies are
cool.gif
& that's a fact!

I don't care how old, how big or how competent the girls the girls will eventually become - I shall always have at least one pony around I reckon - couldn't live without at least one! LOL

Snowberry

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't you love to find a 14.2hh + version of Glen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got one!!!
grin.gif
Hatties new 14.2 is proving to be a little superstar too and he's got the nicest manners ever.