Liveries does every yard have one of these?

Charley657

Visit site
I think horsey people don't bitch more than anyone else but because they bitch your horse as well as you, it can seem worse. There is always an insufferable know it all who doesn't actually know it all. I have noticed that although they are a frequent visitor to the yard, tend to hang out with the staff there, they rarely ride their horse. Maybe thats why they are so unhappy? :D

SheriffTruman

Visit site
This seems to happen in all groups of people. As for gossiping about me: as long as I don't know, I don't care. As for remarks about the way to do something: if I like it, I use it. If not, I say 'thank you', and let it go. (Or I get confused cause somebody says to do A is best, then the next person comes along saying you absolutely have to do B. Two riders, three opinions, right?)

My horse lives at a fantastic yard. It's a farm, partly DIY, nothing posh, perfect for me. Yes, there is gossip, but nothing malicious. Most of us help each other out with the horses. Reading about the amount of bullying on yards, I feel really really lucky.

We do complain about the lack of poo-picking by some individuals, though :eek:.

Last edited:

wiglet

Visit site
I was on a big yard and I hated every minute of it.
A group of "b*tches" which included the YO she had a little gang, eyes and ears everywhere is how I saw it.
Always kept to mysel, never got involved in other people's business unless they asked for my help, but ultimately I was miserable because of things they would say to me or what I would hear.
Similar with a medium sized livery yard I was at, bunch of busy bodies getting involved in the slightest of things.
Moved to a private livery with only myself and 2 others and loving it, horse and myself have never been happier! No bitchiness, everyone is nice, I don't think I could go back on a big yard!

Ditto. We must have been on the same yards!
Unfortunately, I'm still searching for that small and ideal yard - one day, eh?

zandp

Visit site
When I looked round my current yard the YO told me about the 1 troublemaker but tbh she's not that bad. YO and her family cause more problems now for the liveries than the troublemaker does !!

Antw23uk

Visit site
Every yard I've been on is b*tchy and friends on other yards have said similar ovre the years. I think a nice yard is few and far between.

I'm betting most of the b*tcy liveries have a HHO forum account and regularly contribute to this forum!