Liverpool cream - scabs not coming off

hairycob

Visit site
My mare has had 2 courses of Liverpool Cream treatment for 5 sarcoids - 2 between her back legs were lamb ringed & injected with the cream & have healed fine. 3 in the ssaddle & girth areas still have the scabs a couple of months after the second course of treatment. My Vet has sent photos to Liverpool for advice but I wondered if anyone else has had the same problem. She is 20 & has loads of nodular sarcoids. We have just treated the ones causing problems but I am really worried about her long term future.

hairycob

Visit site
Pickle had her first treatment at the end of October. Scabs hadn't come off by the end of Feb! Vet decided ther were still lumps so she had another course then. How did you help get the scabs off?

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Sunny had 4 treatments with about 4 or 5 days between each application and the dodgy patch disappeared completely. Not sure if you mean your ned has had 2 lots of 4 applications or only 2 applications??? I don't think 2 applications is enough to zap the sarcoids, especially if they are well established. It might be worthwhile googling Prof Knottenbelt's definitive guidance on sarcoids. Basically, he advises that the only predictable thing about sarcoids is their unpredictability. So don't lose hope yet x

hairycob

Visit site
She has had 2 courses of treatment - 4 the first time (Oct/Nov) & 3 the 2nd (Feb). It feels like there are no lumps now but the scabs are solidly stuck on still. The treatment is under Prof Knottenbelt's advice & we are waiting for him to come back with advice about the scabs. I suppose I'm a bit gloomy because any thing I read always says the scabs came off in a couple of weeks & she has had scabs for 6 months now. They are under the saddle & girth so if they don't heal I will have to retire her.

star

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Pickle had her first treatment at the end of October. Scabs hadn't come off by the end of Feb! Vet decided ther were still lumps so she had another course then. How did you help get the scabs off?

[/ QUOTE ]

my scab came loose round the edges and i got bored of it eventually and just used to twiddle it around a couple of times each day. did that one day and it came off in my hand!

galaxy

Visit site
Little pony up the yard was treated in Feb for 5. All came off except one under the girth. Had the vet look at it beginning April, he said no point treating it as it was as it had reacted to the cream and he'd be putting it on dead cells. He told us to ride with a thick saddle cloth on to traumatise it a bit (she'd been out of work since Oct!). Last Monday it fell off in girth sleeve, and is perfect. No more treatment necessary!
grin.gif

So took 4 months!