Livery/Grazing Cheltenham

loverly

Visit site
I've just recieved the uni offer I've been waiting for!! To study Business at the University of Gloucestershire.

Now the second most important thing to do is find livery for the horses!
I have two, possibly only one will come with me and the other out on loan. So looking for either: grazing, grass livery or DIY livery ideally no more that 20minutes away from the uni itself. Will travel a bit further for the right place.

I've done some research already but normally the best places dont advertise so need some recommendations from people?

I do like the sound of Deer Park Cross Country as they do DIY and the facilities sound fab - but is it as good as it sounds?

porkpie

Visit site
There is Badgeworth Livery centre which is on the Shurdington side of Chelt so the wrong side for Uni but worth a thought. They usually have a waiting list but maybe worth a call. However I think they have lost some of their fields so the word is that turnout time is reduced.

I think they are on Coldpool Lane but should be in the phone book. Hope this helps.

SarahRicoh

Visit site
Badgeworths main field has gone and the hacking is very poor there... Theres ullenwood which is a riding school too on leckhampton hill..
Noverton? In presbury. Kaytes farm in southam.. Home farm nr swindon village/racecourse...

Google them.and hopefully you'll find contact details. Theres also a few churchdown/witcommbe way but may be too far for you!

PonyFeet10

Visit site
Deer Park has a lovely XC course for all abilities, not seen the main yard but the people that own it are lovely! Like SarahRicoh said, Ullenwood (not been there for years but hacking was ok, outdoor school which was used for lessons.. Things may have changed though!), Noverton (Great hacking all up Cleeve hill, although facilities aren't erm.. 5*, worth a look if you're more in to hacking!), Home Farm (Not as much hacking but a nice indoor and outdoor school, people there are lovely) and Kayte Farm (I've heard hacking is poor as you have to use main road but im pretty sure they have an indoor school.. Correct me if I'm wrong!) these are the 'main' livery yards in Cheltenham!

wilkinson1

Visit site
Church farm in shurdington is worth a try - its bhs approved. Badgeworth is geldings only and is winding down now, selling off land for housing. Home farm is lovely, but geldings only again, noverton is quite popular and deer park is lovely. There is also withington manor which has good facilities.

AprilBlossom

Visit site
If you search in Facebook the Uni of Gloucestershire have a fairly big equestrian club and a couple of the members have horses with them at uni so worth asking then were they keep maybe?
It probably depends on where you're going to live and if you'll def have a car with you - if you live in halls you won't have access to car parking on site - if you have car you could look at some Gloucester based places too as I imagine you'll be doing some studying in the Gloucester campus as well.