Livery in/around London (yes, again....)

VioletStripe

Visit site
Hello HHO, it's been a while! I've already posted in other areas on here, but hoping this will get some more responses....

*disclaimer* yes I have had a search on here before, but I thought I'd post for more up-to-date options...

Well, just finished my first year of university (simultaneous boos and hoorays), and I'm looking for a yard that can easily be reached from East/Central London.
I can drive to the yard, but public transport links would also be fabulous, as my Uni is located near Strand, and I actually live nearish to Old Street and Barbican.

In terms of what I need from the yard - my horse is just over 15hh, and we do schooling and a few low-level competitions, though I am looking to do a bit more given the opportunity:

-Some form of turnout is a must (not fussed if it's only a couple of hours a day, but I need some. He's also used to mixed herd turnout and so that would not be an issue)
-School (not fussed about indoor, just as long as it's all-weather)
-Some hacking would be great (fine with roads, but I would like some around so I could feasibly hack a few times a month)

..and that's pretty much it.
I need assisted/full livery - no need for exercise or grooming or the likes, and working livery is not an option.

At the moment I'm stabled in SE/Kent around Bexley - which is great, particularly from where I live, as London Bridge and Waterloo are a doddle to get to, but the walk from the station is very very time consuming, and if possible I would like to get out of the area, as it's very over-horsed, and it's been on and off for me for a while now.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions or advice, thanks for the read :)

View

Visit site
It would open up your options a lot more if you were able to move out of London. There are quite a few yards in th Loughton/Epping area, which gives you a sensible commute on the Central Line.

Or the Chingford area, which has a train line.

Otherwise, if you're wan to stay where you are, the only places that I can think of that are reasonably close to public transport in North or East London are Trent Park, Lee Valley or Aldersbrook.

VioletStripe

Visit site
It would open up your options a lot more if you were able to move out of London. There are quite a few yards in th Loughton/Epping area, which gives you a sensible commute on the Central Line.

Or the Chingford area, which has a train line.

Otherwise, if you're wan to stay where you are, the only places that I can think of that are reasonably close to public transport in North or East London are Trent Park, Lee Valley or Aldersbrook.

Thank you very much :)

Do you have any recommendations or places to look for yards around Epping/Chingford then? Am looking at all available options, so any names that people are aware of would be fantastic!

View

Visit site
Some searches on ******* and *******

http://www.*******.co.uk/?geodir_se..._lat=51.6311279&sgeo_lon=0.001312999999981912

http://www.*******.co.uk/find-a-listing.htm

and

http://www.amesburymeadfarmstables.co.uk/

High Beech and Gardens of Hanbury show up on a couple of these searches. High Beech does not offer livery, and the other has closed down. If hacking is important to you, then Barnfields is not in great location.

madmav

Visit site
Can't help with any yards in Epping. But would just add Trent Park is a good yard in many ways. But expensive and v limited hacking. One bridle way. Two big indoor schools, outdoor, x-country course, also students, clients, working pupils. Quite a buzz there.