Livery in Cumbria - Penrith/ Appleby area

Sasal83

Visit site
I am moving up to Cumbria in the next month or so and am looking for a DIY yard with the option of some assistance at weekends, odd days etc etc in the Penrith / Appleby areas. I am totally new to the area!!

Ideally a livery yard rather than a riding school / equestrian centre but will consider them if close enough and if there's one with an indoor school even better...

Any ideas, suggestions or info on keeping a horse in the area would be great!!!!

Thank you
Sarah

gill84

Visit site
Croft house livery, that's at melkinthorpe between Penrith and Appleby. There on facebook if you look them up. Inglewood equestrian that's in Penrith they do a few shows but mainly for ponies, google them. Best place round here for livery and comps is probably nord vie equestrian, again on Facebook. They have a gorgeous arena, affiliates xc course, comps in the spring/summer. Other than theres greenlands equestrian but don't rate there livery but competitions are pretty good but they're nearer Carlisle. Or a place called low close stables at askham

gill84

Visit site
Croft house livery, that's at melkinthorpe between Penrith and Appleby. There on facebook if you look them up. Inglewood equestrian that's in Penrith they do a few shows but mainly for ponies, google them. Best place round here for livery and comps is probably nord vie equestrian, again on Facebook. They have a gorgeous arena, affiliates xc course, comps in the spring/summer. Other than theres greenlands equestrian but don't rate there livery but competitions are pretty good but they're nearer Carlisle. Or a place called low close stables at askham, no comps sadly but I know the guy. Very quite yard, arena, lovely stables and best of all 10 mins up the road and you are on top of askham fell, miles and miles of open fell looking down onto ills water lake. Also loads of off road hacking round the lowther estate. It depends what competing you do really to what area you need to be looking at. Personally I'd say nord vue, that's where mine would be if we didn't have our own land. That's at armathwaite, about 8 miles north of Penrith on the a6. Can't remember if I said but can't check coz I'm doin this on my phone. Need any more help give me a shout x

gill84

Visit site
Dunno why it posted half a message first time. And low close askham is 5 mins outside penrith. The only with an indoor arena is inglewood or greenlands

anthony76

New User
Visit site
A friend of mine has there horse at Ivy House Stables(www.ivyhousestables.com)

She is very impressed with the yard, in a American barn so away from the rain/snow in the bleak winters, has a walker and a large school arena and the yard is kept immaculate.

Maybe worth visiting them all in the area to see which is best.