Livery in Epping area

shannonandtay

Visit site
Hi, I am desperatley looking for livery in the Epping Forest area I have been to most of the yards arounds that area and I'm really stuck as I have been unable to find anything suitable. I need something with some winter turnout as I have none at the moment. I used to keep my own horse in the area about 20 years ago and have now found that most of the livery yards have now gone and there aren't many left. The ones I have seen haven't been suitable for one reason and another and I was just wondering if maybe I might've missed any that perphaps don't advertise and are tucked away. I know the area quite well but I suppose I could've missed a few. I'm looking for stabling with turnout (does that even exist in Epping anymore) with a menage, doesn't have to be anything fancy or with loads of facilities but obviously that would be nice :) I like Amesbury Mead Farm but it is full with a big waiting list as is Shaftesbury Farm. Anyone in the area with any ideas please let me know. Thank you.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Have you tried manor farm in mott street? i used to be there on the main yard I think Arron runs it now his very good a friend of mine is there with her horses, he has really good turnout and menage and its very near the forest.

shannonandtay

Visit site
Thanks but yes I have tried manor farm, really nice place but they are full with a long waiting list any decent ones in the area are all full. Also one of the only yards that has decent turnout.

Blythe Spirit

Visit site
I am at a loss to think of the yard name - but its on a hill and run by a man called Mick? If you have been you'll know. My father keeps his horse at livery there. I THINK they now do have winter turn out. They have a small indoor school and good local hacking (though no direct forest access) PM me if you want me to find more details from my dad.

Pink_Lady

Visit site
I think there is a yard called Crystalbrook in Theydon Bois - not far from Epping. Years ago it used to be a riding school - the road is something like Little Greggories Lane and is on top of Piercing Hill. Might be worth a try - not sure if it does livery but worth an ask .... easy access to Epping Forest

Good luck

Angua2

Visit site
Crystal brook is long gone,
Mick on the top of the hill is full
And yes most of the other yards have hurrendously long waiting lists

Have a look on facebook for equine groups in the area as there are always some advertising.