Livery in Kent (Chislehurst, Bromley area) help!

AfricanBeauty

Visit site
Ok, so I find myself in a strange situation. I absolutely love the yard I am currently on and would love to stay there, the only problem is that it is an hour away from where I live.

Basically I used to work in West Sussex so moved the horses up there, I am now working in Central London and living back home with my parents. The horses are on full livery during the week, and I go up and stay at the yard at the weekends to do them myself. Realistically they would stay on full during the week even if they moved back this way, as I don't want to spread myself too thin - I've been there done that and it wasn't a good situation for anyone. But it would mean I would have the opportunity to ride during the week.

I would like a smallish yard as mine wouldn't get on with lots of noise and a busy environment, all year turnout is a must, decent amount of storage space as I have rather a lot of stuff! a school, indoor is preferable but could cope with outdoor, hacking preferably off road but don't mind doing a bit. Somewhere that has a routine, and that is going to look after them taking into consideration all their quirks. they need to be stabled in the same part of the yard
I live in Chislehurst and would prefer them to be within 20 mins (previously had them in Bexley which was fine distance wise). The big problem I think I might have is that there are 4 to fit in!

I made the decision that I want them nearer home as I would like the chance to ride in the evenings, depending on yard opening times - I get home about 6.30 so could be there by 7, particularly as I have a youngster that turns 3 this year and I would like to do more consistent work with him in the run-up to breaking him. It would also mean that mum could start riding my mare again which would be nice for both of them and would leave me to ride the other one and work my little man. The 4th one is retired but I think she needs to stay with the others as they have been together for a while and she is a worrier so don't want to upset her.

This is a really hard decision as I feel at home where I am now, and have become quite close to the YM who has helped me through some tough times. I really don't want to go, but think it is the best thing for the horses, and me in the long run, all depending on finding the right yard. I am in no rush to move, I don't want to go for the first thing that comes up and regret it.

Any suggestions? Or do you think I'm mad leaving 'the pretty much perfect yard'?

Sorry for the essay hadn't realised it would be quite so long. Tea and Cake for all those that have got to the end

Perfect-Piaffe

Visit site
Good Luck with this!!!!

I am stabled in Chislehurst and its not too bad where I am. A few points Im not overally keen on but I go down everyday so I know they are ok and happy :)

Pm me if you want any details about it or opinions on any other yards int he area you might like, Ive been to a couple and heard about nearly every yard in some way! :)