Livery in/near Guildford or Earlsfield

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
I need some recommendations for livery in/near Guildford or Earlsfield [London] - I appreciate they are two slightly different locations!

I liveried previously in Ripley, but that was an unmitigated disaster and I don't really know the area particularly well considering. If you wouldn't mind letting me know websites/contact details and prices [if you know them] it would be appreciated.

My list of essentials:-

-School - indoor or outdoor or both! :D and good quality, not sand so deep it floods or finishes up round pony's knees
-Assisted DIY or Part livery
-Decent stables
-All year round turnout
-Access to good hacking [some roadwork ok but nothing too scary]
-Trustworthy and reliable staff and YO
-Secure storage
-Decent instructor or ability to bring on instructor of choice
-Potential to exercise horse if required
-Other liveries who may not be adverse to hacking with us :)

List of desirables:-

-Lunge pen
-Horse walker
-holds small shows and has things such as dressage boards etc which could be used to get horse to show atmosphere

Think that is it although people may come up with other things that I've forgotten!

I can compromise on a couple of things if I am really pushed, but the school, stables, turnout and hacking really are non negotiable.

We may either move the Guildford or Earlsfield. I appreciate it will probably be easier to accommodate my requirements nearer Guildford but any recommendations from those who live in/around Earlsfield would be gratefully received!

Thank you :)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
My second recommendation for the same place in one evening! I'm connected by virtue of the fact that I have known the YO for many many years but she looked after my old girl for 17 years and has fabulous facilities. Try Southlands Equestrian centre in Bramley. Only reason I don't keep horses there with her now is because we moved area and I now have mine at home. When my mare was first there we lived in Raynes Park and it took me 30 mins door to door (before they dropped the speed limit on the A3 to 50 ;)) but still fairly accessible from Earlsfield depending on how many times a week you would want to go and whether that type of arrangement would work for you. :)

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
My second recommendation for the same place in one evening! I'm connected by virtue of the fact that I have known the YO for many many years but she looked after my old girl for 17 years and has fabulous facilities. Try Southlands Equestrian centre in Bramley. Only reason I don't keep horses there with her now is because we moved area and I now have mine at home. When my mare was first there we lived in Raynes Park and it took me 30 mins door to door (before they dropped the speed limit on the A3 to 50 ;)) but still fairly accessible from Earlsfield depending on how many times a week you would want to go and whether that type of arrangement would work for you. :)

Thank you!

I've tried looking at the website but it says that it hasn't been updated since 2008 and as of 1 september 2007 the property was being sold?? Do you have any other details I can look at?

Thank you :D

Archangel

Visit site
Little Lockner in Albury is good, fabulous hacking on St Martha's, Newlands Corner, Blackheath. Sandly soil too so no mud :)

Tash88

Visit site
Manor farm in Claygate fits all of those requirements and is on the A3 so not too far from Earlsfield, depending on traffic. PM me if you would like more information.

sarahdante

Visit site
I need some recommendations for livery in/near Guildford or Earlsfield [London] - I appreciate they are two slightly different locations!

I liveried previously in Ripley, but that was an unmitigated disaster and I don't really know the area particularly well considering. If you wouldn't mind letting me know websites/contact details and prices [if you know them] it would be appreciated.

My list of essentials:-

-School - indoor or outdoor or both! :D and good quality, not sand so deep it floods or finishes up round pony's knees
-Assisted DIY or Part livery
-Decent stables
-All year round turnout
-Access to good hacking [some roadwork ok but nothing too scary]
-Trustworthy and reliable staff and YO
-Secure storage
-Decent instructor or ability to bring on instructor of choice
-Potential to exercise horse if required
-Other liveries who may not be adverse to hacking with us :)

List of desirables:-

-Lunge pen
-Horse walker
-holds small shows and has things such as dressage boards etc which could be used to get horse to show atmosphere

Think that is it although people may come up with other things that I've forgotten!

I can compromise on a couple of things if I am really pushed, but the school, stables, turnout and hacking really are non negotiable.

We may either move the Guildford or Earlsfield. I appreciate it will probably be easier to accommodate my requirements nearer Guildford but any recommendations from those who live in/around Earlsfield would be gratefully received!

Thank you :)

Little Burgate Farm- dead easy to get to from A3...facebook page link attached...https://www.facebook.com/LittleBurgateFarm

fine_and_dandy

Visit site

charmeroo

Visit site
With your list of requirements/wants how about Frensham Manor near Farnham? A little way from Guildford but they have indoor/outdoor schools, horsewalker, good stabling, run unaffiliated dressage shows, sandy soil, excellent hacking on Frensham common and knowledgable staff and YM. Not sure about instuctors etc but YO is a BD list 1 judge and they also run various clinics too.

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
With your list of requirements/wants how about Frensham Manor near Farnham? A little way from Guildford but they have indoor/outdoor schools, horsewalker, good stabling, run unaffiliated dressage shows, sandy soil, excellent hacking on Frensham common and knowledgable staff and YM. Not sure about instuctors etc but YO is a BD list 1 judge and they also run various clinics too.

Thanks, will check them out :)

Horlicks

Visit site
Massive vote for Little Lockner! I've been there since 2008. The yard managers are brilliant and the horses are their top priority. There is a school, horse walker (extra charge I think), hacking is amazing. Own instructors are welcome, everyone is very friendly and supportive. Pm if you want more info.