Livery in St Albans/Hemel area?

Denzel

Visit site
*I'm struggling a bit money wise at the moment as we are saving for a house. My livery bills keep increasing so I was wondering if anyone can suggest any yards near st Albans?
I think I will have to sacrifice my love of an indoor school, but I need an outdoor school for deff. Decent grazing and the potential for some assistance, my job means I'm sometimes away. I would also like the yard to be quite busy, or active as I'm used to having a lot of people around to ride with.*
Any ideas?

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
How many horses is it for? DIY (+services) or part livery? What sort of cost range would be the max (some yards without indoor schools arent much cheaper than ones with so would be useful to know)?

Denzel

Visit site
1 horse, DIY plus service. I'm currently paying about £80pw for livery, straw and a big haynet per day, plus they turn out in the am.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Have left message with my old YO who has a yard in St Albans to see if any space for you or/and the other lady who posted on here today, think it should be a bit cheaper than what you are paying (dont quote me tho!).

Nice small yard (10 horse) with a floodlit outdoor school. Turnout tends to be all day in summer, in at night, in winter usually out all morning then in. NB if mare theres a field up in the village that they can go out 24/7 in summer.DIY + services is def offered. as is 5 day part livery.

Yard is the Hatfield side of St Albans

Edited to add it might not be busy/bustling enough for you...reading post again....it is pretty quiet happy hacky place, but will ask anyway.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
hi have checked and she isnt taking on new liveries at the mo. Good yards are always full, Try ******* tho...also Chiltern and Thames rider and saddleries like Tackhaven and GW Titmuss at Wheathampstead who have a noticeboard.