Livery near Shrewsbury?

Abi90

Visit site
I am potentially being posted to RAF Shawbury in the next 18 months so have begun to look at livery yards. I seem to have found lots of little DIY livery yards but am looking for something a bit more substantial.

I'm currently on full livery (7 days a week) without riding due to work so would happily travel about 30 minutes if I could find a decent yard with at least an outdoor floodlit arena.

I realise I am spoilt up here with an indoor and outdoor school on full livery at only £325 and am prepared to pay more down south! I could also do assisted DIY/part livery if it was much closer to Shawbury.... but with the option for full if I end up going abroad for a few months.

I found my current yard by word of mouth and not via google (they don't have a website). Therefore if anyone has any suggestions they would be most welcome, especially if yards have long waiting lists!

SuperH

Visit site
If you are a facebook user there is a fairly large and active Shropshire Horses page (it is called something along the lines of Horses for sale, loan, grass keep Shropshire), I would think it would be worth asking on there. There is also a Horse/Pony what's on Shropshire and Powys page, there are a couple of yards who advertise there. I've seen Oswestry Equestrian advertising recently, they look to have good facilities. Radfords is another I see advertising. They might both be a bit far for you though. I've no personal experience of either as I keep mine at home.

Abi90

Visit site
Thank you. I've come across Hunkington Farm, which is conveniently close but the website isn't particularly great, does anyone have an knowledge of it?