Livery Telford area

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Due to my current yard closing down, I'm looking for livery in the Telford area. Ideally Shifnal, north Telford, Newport, Wellington, could go as far as Ellerdine. I'd prefer to avoid going any closer towards Shrewsbury than Wellington as its miles out of the way for work.

I really need part or full livery as travel with work a fair bit. Also need access to a decent arena with lights, all year turnout (happy to stable over night in winter) and would really help if there was someone on yard who can exercise when I'm away but that's not essential. Don't need a trainer as will travel to my own but trailer storage would be useful.

Any suggestions? I can only seem to find diy yards!
Thanks ☺

joelb

Visit site
Blazehill Equestrian is the best Newport way. Another reasonable one at Newport has recently ceased services so DIY only, plus they have the dreaded ‘S’ word a.t.m. (lots of it about locally so do take care). None of the Shifnal/Telford yards tick all the boxes so can’t recommend them. Priory Farm in Staffs is awesome but probably too far beyond Newport. Lilleshall Livery Centre has greatly improved and may be worth a look. Good luck, quality yards in the area are like hens teeth.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Blazehill Equestrian is the best Newport way. Another reasonable one at Newport has recently ceased services so DIY only, plus they have the dreaded ‘S’ word a.t.m. (lots of it about locally so do take care). None of the Shifnal/Telford yards tick all the boxes so can’t recommend them. Priory Farm in Staffs is awesome but probably too far beyond Newport. Lilleshall Livery Centre has greatly improved and may be worth a look. Good luck, quality yards in the area are like hens teeth.

Which one at Newport has strangles? PM if you prefer but I'd rather know so I can avoid inadvertently going to look.
I didn't realise Lilleshall was still open, when I googled it, the internet said it had closed down for good. Will get in touch with them via their FB page, thanks.

Blazehill is too far. I could manage it on the way home from work but when I'm not in the office, it's too far really as it's virtually Ternhill. I've got a couple to look at this weekend, one of which is small and doesn't advertise.
A couple of people have recommended Tong Park Farm so am going to see if I can look around, but TBH suspect it will be too big for my liking. Looked at something over the weekend and the horses were out on postage stamps which I hate to see. I've been thoroughly spoiled by being on a private yard with a huge amount of land for the last few years, I'd forgotten what a nightmare "proper" livery yards can be... :/