Livery Yard in Bexley

vanessahook

Visit site
Hi, i live very close to Bexley. There are loads of yards on the North Cray Road. Chase Park is quite good, a friend of mine keeps her horses there. There are also a couple of others but i cant think of the names off the top of my head, but all have great hacking around the forestry.

Como

Visit site
Hi there
I keep my horse at a private yard next to Park House Farm in Bexley. Park House Farm has just been taken over by the owner of my yard and I think he still has vacancies. The yard will have around 12 horses when it's full (not including the 7 in my little bit) and has lots of turn out and a lovely flood lit rubber school. The yard is on a bridle path at the end of Parsonage Lane so no road work if you don't want to do any. I can't praise the owner highly enough, his number is 07879 212247. I don't have personal experience of other yards in Bexley I'm afraid and I think you can only give your opinion if it's first hand.

icestationzebra

Visit site
You could try Dulwich - there are stables right next to the park. As it is still central London your hacking would be limited to the park. Other options would be Beckenham or Bromley areas......

sloulou

Azerbaijan (or London and Suffolk - maybe...)
Visit site
I did look into Dulwich but they don't do livery - and only seem to be open from 10am till 4pm in the week... oddly!

Its a shame because its only about 5 mins from my house!

Might look at Beckenham & Bromley though... Don't think they can be much further than Bexley to get to!

Thanks!

Como

Visit site
Turn out at most yards in London is very poor and if you have to do road work your horse will need to be very good on busy roads as drivers are particularly inconsiderate! You will often have to cross busy, fast roads (including double decker buses!) to get to off road hacking. There are very few horse crossings too which is a pain. If you have time to travel a bit further then yards further out in Kent and Surrey may be better options. I would recommend that you only move your horse to a yard that is personally recommended to you by someone keeping their horse there. There are very few good yards in and near to London, yard owners know that if you move your horse out because it isn't being treated well they have a full waiting list with which to take your place. Standards can be very low even if first impressions are good. Sadly living in London and owning a horse isn't a good mix!

sloulou

Azerbaijan (or London and Suffolk - maybe...)
Visit site
I know - I wish I didn't live in London... One day I'll live in the countryside...

I have a strange situation at the moment where I travel to see my horse at the weekends and then come back for work in London in the week.

So want to spend more time with the horses - Bexley seems like a good compromise as it only takes 30 mins to get to - which is better than the 3 hr drive am used to!

Sorry - just a small moan... I know its my choice to live here...