Livery Yard - Leeds

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Sorry although I live in west yorkshire and work in Leeds, don't know of any yards in that area, other than the Yorkshire Equesrian Centre in Harrogate, which I guess costs an arm and a leg or possibly two! One way to find one may be to get in touch with a local farrier and ask him/her where there are good ones. The farriers website can help you find a farrier within so many miles of a post code, convoluted but may work, or check with local vets, or saddlers.

Oaksflight

Visit site
I may, where abouts exactly are you? I know mostly out Guiseley/Ilkley way but know of some out Otley/Weeton/Harrogate area but can't give you any recommendations on their livery. What kind of livery are you after?x

soupdragon

Visit site
Thanks for replies so far.

I live Adel way but the long-term plan is to move out into the "country" a bit more towards Wetherby/Harrogate sort of way.

I currently have a 50 mile round trip to my livery yard which I love but finding the travelling a bit much at the moment, especially with no indoor school and no floodlights so can't ride in the evenings.

Work full time and still novice owner so would need some TLC and looking after to start with, so looking for full livery but would consider moving to part/assisted DIY depending on location and when I'm a bit more confident. Would like there to be a school with floodlights and nice hacking. Indoor school would be a bonus!

I know of Wikefield and Grange Farm in Arthington which are close to me but Wikefield seems very expensive, and Grange Farm was full. Does anyone know anything about these yards?

Thanks

Oaksflight

Visit site
Grange Farm is very cheap for what it is, and I've heard very good things about it, looked at moving mine down there, would suggest being asked to put on waiting list. Wikefield (thought that got demolished? Or do they still do livery?) went there a few years ago, was very nice, but pricey. XC course, and a silly amount of schools, but as I say I thought it was demolished after a hoohar with Leeds City Council. There's Follifoot which is a riding school, but pretty sure they do livery too, which is nice, however depends whether you want to livery at a riding school or not! They have a website though if you google follifoot riding stables. Errrm, Beavers have a livery yard which is out Beckwithshaw, think its a bit pricey but very good facilities and a tack shop on site which is a bonus, plus they hold ODEs etc there, and there all really lovely there from what I know from going to the tack shop. There is quite a big yard in Burn Bridge (near Harrogate) they hold a lot of hunter trials etc, but don't know that much about it, forgotten its name. This website might be useful http://www.horseweb-uk.com/stables/york.htm I keep mine in Hawksworth though so mainly know the yards round that area. Can recommend a good new DIY yard out Harrogate way (Mum does the accounts for it, heehee) however not much use as don't think they even do assisted. I'll ask about for you though as know a lot of people from Harewood and out that way. x