Livery yard needed in Audley- Help Please!

wispagold

Visit site
Also in Stable yard.

Hi I am looking for a livery yard in or around Audley, (near stoke-on-trent, junction 16 of the M6). I am moving to the village in about 7 weeks and need to find a DIY yard for my 15.2h mare. Looking for a yard with a stable, floodlit menage and "accident prone horse" proof fencing that also offers part/ full livery for the odd day I am working away from home as it is my first house and I will be living there on my own during the week as boyfriend works away.

I don't know the area very well at all. Had found the perfect yard a mile from the house we have bought, rang up today to confirm and the people that were meant to be leaving have now decided to stay so no spare stables. Pretty gutted and starting to get stressed about finding somewhere as I can't afford to put her on full livery and move at the same time.

I have been told it is a very horsey area and there are around 12 yards but I don't know where they are! Please, please, please can you message me with details if you can recommend anywhere!

Very grateful for all replies. Thank you very much.

AnnieD

Visit site
Hi,

I live in Audley - there are tons of livery yards around, but we are stabled at Craddocks Moss Farm, which is a 5/10 minute drive away and is a fab yard, everyone is lovely, floodlit menage, nice hacking etc. website is http://www.craddocksmoss.co.uk/

PM me of you are still struggling, can suggest plenty more.

Hope the move goes well!

Annie

wispagold

Visit site
Hi

Thanks very much.

I have looked at the website for the yard, it looks lovely but google maps is telling me that it is about 25mins away from the house we are buying. Which is a bit too far for me to go before work in the morning.

I would be very grateful if you could send me details of any other yards that you now about.

wispagold

Visit site
Hmm think google maps is playing up. Just reversed the directions and it is now coming up with 10mins. Think I need to drive round and find a back way.

Still any other suggested appreciated!

AnnieD

Visit site
There is a back way, a track that runs to Halmerend - that will take you about 5 mins, and it's 10 mins road way around.

Other suggestions:

Poole Farm Livery - I can't find the number for this yard, but I would recommend it if they have space...I'll try to get it for you

These yards I don't know the owners, but are in a reasonable distance:

Balterley Green Farm 01270 820214 (not sure about facilities here)
Limes Farm Livery 01270 821560 (has indoor school - small competition yard)
Parkfields Farm 01782 721663/07835874055 (Don't know much about these at all)
Smiths Green Livery 01270 582464 (these guys are quite big I think, but it's a bit further away)
New Quarry Farm - I don't know the number for this one but can get it for you this evening, they have a floodlit menage.

There are a couple of places that I wouldn't recommend for various reasons, but if you're still struggling let me know and I'll do some more head scratching.

Hope that helps :)

wispagold

Visit site
Thanks, that's great! :-D

I have got the number for Poole House stables and for Quarry New Farm. The estate agent we are going through told me about the yard you are at. She is called Charlotte, do you know her?

I was going to go to Quarry New Farm, it was a lovely yard but they don't have any spaces anymore.

Would you mind PMing me with the yards to avoid. It is so difficult not knowing the area.

Will check them out at the weekend!

LiveryList

www.*******.co.uk
Hi, i know a few of these yards are on my site and may be more in your area. Not sure how many as website only been online 3 weeks old but a couple of hundred yards listed so always worth a look!

http://www.*******.co.uk