Livery yard rates- How much would you pay??????????

Have you jumped...

• Total voters

MillionDollar

Visit site
I'm sorry i have ANOTHER livery yard question, but it would really help me if you answer this question.

What would you pay to keep your horse at this following livery yard????

BHS approved, brand new american barn stabling, situated in the middle of the countryside. Excellently situated near motorway (10 mins away). Farm ride with 10 miles of riding with optional XC jumps, good hacking else where, 50 x 30 floodlit arena. All year turnout with excellent fencing, indiviaual paddocks available (extra fee). Wash room with hot water and solarium (also extra small fee). Owner/manager on site. Security will include pin coded gate, tack room and CCTV. There will be parking for cars and lorries/trailers.

So livery (DIY and assisted) will include-

Use of-
Stable
Arena
All year turnout
2 bales of flax per week
unlimited hay
feed (cool mix, alfalfa, speedibeet, comp mix)
Tack room (pin coded door, each client will then have their own lockable cupboard to store tack in)
Rug room
Clients lounge
Toilet/shower

The following will be available at small charges-
Wash room (with hot water)
Solarium
Services (feeding horse, turning out, etc)

Thank you in advance any comments/opinions much appreciated!!!
grin.gif

ihatework

Visit site
I put £50 a week basically working along the assumption of
£25 for satble and grazing
£10 for bedding
£10 for hay
£5 for hard feed

however I would like to see hay or haylage being offered and I think your range of hard feed is fairly limited.

pixiebee

Visit site
sounds like a nice yard!!!!
im on a waiting list for a bhs approved yard with stable/grazing. all year turnout..locked tack room, lessons available on request, indoor school..unlimited bedding(included in price) beach riding(10 min walk away) can ride for miles across sand dunes etc..for 25 a week and hay is an extra 5 a week during winter! well worth it just for the indoor school and beach riding! can also have part livery with morning turnout/rug change/feed for an extra 5 quid a week and lessons are available on request with a qaulified instructor!! still doesnt sound quite as good as the yard your talking about though does it!!

MillionDollar

Visit site
um i don't know i would pay a fortune to be able to ride on a beach everyday, lol. Sounds like a bargain to me.

Well this is my proposed livery yard to be started next summer. Anyone want to be on the waiting list, lol??
grin.gif

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I put £50 a week basically working along the assumption of
£25 for satble and grazing
£10 for bedding
£10 for hay
£5 for hard feed

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto what Ben&Jerry said. i would pay £50 a week for all in during the winter, would the price reduce in the summer if you are on no feed and out 24/7?

Judie

Visit site
Cl-aire given that you are setting this yard up in Warwickshire, depending on where in Warwickshire, if nearer Warwick than Coventry you should charge £60 at least for this as there is a huge shortage round there for good yards, if nearer Coventry I would say slightly less as there are few good ones already around.

I would widen your hard feed range to cover all feeds that are in the same price bracket.

I pay £55 p/w for DIY with turnout/bring in, nothing else thrown in, yours sounds very reasonable by comparison.

Wish I still lived there now
tongue.gif

Judie

Visit site
When you say 'Warwickshire College' do you mean in Moreton Morrell or L/spa?

You should attract peeps to either to be honest, if you pm me your details I'll keep them to hand as I'm often asked about livery in that area (being a old warwick lass)

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
A friend of mine set up a yard & didn't state what feed she'd supply. She said she'd supply whatever feed the client wanted up to a certain amount per bag. This was popular with the clients. Blue Chip/Top Spec etc were classed as extras along with 'Magic' 'Equivite etc etc & these had to be paid for as extras. Clients were happy with that. She included a certain number of bags of shavings each week per animal & likewise adlib hay/haylage. The price also included turn out & bringing in, she didn't like the possibility of horses being left out alone.

It may be an idea to contact a few liverys around that area, as a potential customer, & check their prices & facilities.

Good Luck in your venture
smile.gif

M

madabout2

I pay £30 DIY for the following:
countryside site (peak district)
60*20 arena (yours would be a negative for me as I "do" dressage")
stable
2 bales shavings
All year turnout
Owner/manager on site
CCTV
secure tack room (heated)
floodlights
security lighting
hot water
rug room
Breakfast and evening feed given (if I've already mixed it)
Evening checks
Getting in for farrier/vet included

Would be prepared to pay feed/haylage at cost rather than have it included. (been "done" on this one before)

extras at our yard:
bringing in/turnout no rugs 50p
with rugs £1
with rugs and wash off £2

feeding incl mixing 50p