Livery Yard Suggestions - Stafford / Stone area

Jo1980

Visit site
Hi,

I may be moving to Weston near Stafford in a few months time so can anyone suggest any nice livery yards in the Stafford, Stone, Weston, Milwich, Amerton, Sandon, Oulton areas please?

I would like somewhere that offers part / full or poss. training livery, with experienced people and an indoor school or floodlit menage so I can ride in the evenings in the winter.

Dizzydancer

Visit site
There is a yard at milwich called fairfield i think, not sure what its like. Failing that what used to be heart of England at hilderstone road has indoor and on site eventer i think they do livery to.
I do have owner number if you are interested.

Jo1980

Visit site
Thanks for the PM DizzyDancer, I'm hopefully going to look round there at the weekend!

I'd like to visit a few yards... are there any more suggestions?

Jo1980

Visit site
Hi Jess, just checked and it's 16 miles away (30 mins) and in the wrong sort of direction so that might be lower down the list for me to try but thank you for the suggestion. I've heard good things about it too so it's a shame!

Pauli

Visit site
Hey,
there is a really nice yard just two minutes down the road from Weston. The yard is called Wardies Livery. I looked around the yard last year and it is lovely! Nice indoor and massive outdoor arena. Round pen, lots of fields, lovely stables. They do part livery and full livery. And the hacking is lovely too.
The yard is just off the A5.

dilbert

Visit site
My sister is at Aston Hill Farm which I think is Doxey, she can walk it from the town centre. They have a fb page and contact details on line.

leisa

Visit site
Livery at Abbotsholme Stud,brill place,really friendly,where Jeanette Brakewell is based,Great training & facillities.They're on facebook

Jo1980

Visit site
Pauli, yep that is a different Weston but thank you anyway.

NBC, oooo that's close! Would you ask him if he knows of any yards please!?

I work in Nantwich so the other two suggestions aren't really in ideal locations but worth a visit thanks! (Abbotsholme Stud looks really nice but it's half an hour away :( ...May be worth it though!!)

Please keep any recommendations coming!

Last edited:

leisa

Visit site
Abbotsholme definatly worth a look,really friendly,horses v.happy & Jeanette Brakewell onsite for lessons,she's really nice,reg trips xc schooling etc,

Jo1980

Visit site
Ok, so i have a little list of yards to visit now thank you guys. I'm away at the moment so will be going for my first look around the yards next weekend (13th & 14th).

So are there any I should avoid!? (PM me if you prefer)

Does anyone know if Ingestre do livery now?

mightymammoth

Visit site
Aston Lodge Stables
Mrs Val Gilbert
Stone
Staffordshire
ST15 8RA (not sire if this is the same as aston hill farm which has been suggested)

these is parrots livery yard in tittensor.

have you looked at http://www.*******.co.uk/

Which ones are you viewing?

Jo1980

Visit site
Will go to look around eland lodge, Abbotsholme stud, two at hilderstone and maybe Aston lodge stables and the one at tittensor. Any others I should be going to?

Jo1980

Visit site
Thanks Victoria, the one at Dunston might be an option as it's close to the motorway junction for work but I would then have to drive through town to get (to my new) home.

I think Ashwood Head is a bit far away in not in the best direction although I've heard it's a nice yard.

Are there any others anyone can think of?

Jo1980

Visit site
Hi Victoria, that's a good idea, I'll go there on Saturday and see what adverts there are. I might write one (livery wanted sort of thing) and see if anyone gets in touch.

Strawberry Farm at Bramshall has been mentioned, does anyone know anything about that one?

mightymammoth

Visit site
Hi Victoria, that's a good idea, I'll go there on Saturday and see what adverts there are. I might write one (livery wanted sort of thing) and see if anyone gets in touch.

Strawberry Farm at Bramshall has been mentioned, does anyone know anything about that one?

yes also post one on preloved and keep checking preloved sometimes they have yards on there