Livery yards around Ayr

Fluffy pony

New User
Visit site
Wondering if anyone could suggest/recommend some livery yards around Ayr for me to look at (say within 10-15 miles of Ayr). Horse would be on full livery (I know definitions vary, so for me this includes mucking out, feeding, turning out, bringing in, giving hay/haylage) and so as well as the usual stable ;), I would like to have all-year turn out, an arena and maybe some hacking as a bonus.

Any thoughts would be happily received. :)

blood_magik

Visit site
I think jack mcgeoch does livery - he's Dundonald (near jetset).
There's also Ayr equestrian and I think there's a place called Lionshead or Lionsgate

Fluffy pony

New User
Visit site
Thanks b_m :). I do quite fancy Ayr Eq. Hadn't thought of J McGeogh's or Lionsgate, so will definitely investigate these too.

blood_magik

Visit site
last time I went to Ayr equestrian, they were rather rude to us - was a few years ago now and I've not been back since so no idea what it's like now.
jack's place was lovely though. :)

I'm sure there are people on here who know more about that area than I do - I'm a bit far away to be of much use. :p

Chocy

Visit site
Wudn't recommend lionsgate friend was there for while- wil leave it there!
Wot bout craigengillan-dalrymple, woodside-monkton
Rosemount
Muirmill
It going wee bit further rowallan
Thornhill- stewarton (fantastic yard :) )

Fluffy pony

New User
Visit site
Hmm, that's disappointing about Ayr Eq being rude b_m - I don't like that sort of thing - there's just no need for it.

Thanks Chocy - so maybe not Lionsgate then ;) ... but the others sound definite options, plus Jack's. Thornhill would be lovely - it's just a wee bit far from me ... but it seems an amazing yard, with great facilities and really well run :) ... just the sort of place you'd want your pony to live :)

blood_magik

Visit site
thornhill has a good rep - a friend has just moved her mare there and she's very happy.
jack was lovely when we went to look at his place and I know someone who had her pony on livery there a while back.

We went up to Ayr Equi, asked if anyone would be able to show us around and they looked at us like we had two heads. :rolleyes:
Not the best way to attract new customers.

If you we're willing to travel, I would have said Ingliston. my dad lives in Mauchline and drives 45 mins each way. :eek:

Fluffy pony

New User
Visit site
Wow, :eek: at 45 mins each way ... but when you think about it, it's worth it for a good yard where the horse is happy :)

Thanks so much for your suggestions and help - very much appreciated :)