Livery yards Chipping Norton / Wychwoods / Charlbury area

Singapuracat

Visit site
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone was aware of any yards offering full livery with facilities such as a riding arena, off road hacking etc in the Chipping Norton and surrounding sort of area towards Witney/Burford/Wychwoods?
Or somewhere I can browse to find ads for suitable places.
I’m looking to step back into the horse owning world and obviously need to find a yard before getting a horse. Of course I understand I’ll need to pay for the stable whilst looking.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice! 😁

neddy man

Visit site
For some reason tfc or whoever block these 2 websites, only lately as I have recommended these FREE sites numerous times before. But other people putting le mieux or hope valley or horse deals or dragon driving etc. dont get blocked and it doesn't get bocked when i mention an add on H&H website. ps. I am in no way connected to the 2 sites I've recommend.

Last edited:

Velcrobum

Visit site
Recommended by a friend who has horses there, Baywell Liveries and Schooling. Contact is Dani 07896 114131. Also has a website Google it. She is very very local to that area.

Singapuracat

Visit site
Recommended by a friend who has horses there, Baywell Liveries and Schooling. Contact is Dani 07896 114131. Also has a website Google it. She is very very local to that area.
Thanks, yes that yard had popped up on my search and only about 10-15 mins drive so pretty close. Looks nice on their website. Will give them a call.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Umm, is it called Blackwoods?! near Upper Milton, Not super helpful sorry but i could pm directions.
Rimmels at Leafield used to have a few liveries, might be worth an ask.

What are you actually looking for? DIY/full/ facilities etc

Singapuracat

Visit site
Umm, is it called Blackwoods?! near Upper Milton, Not super helpful sorry but i could pm directions.
Rimmels at Leafield used to have a few liveries, might be worth an ask.

What are you actually looking for? DIY/full/ facilities etc
I’m looking for full livery, with facilities such as a riding arena and good safe hacking.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
The one I mentioned is DIY I think.
I’m not totally sure on distances but (assume it was you in Oxfordshire HR Facebook page?)
There are livery spaces in Kelmscott, tiny yard, school, on site instructor, clinics etc. never hacked from there myself. Unsure about that.
Oxleaze who commented on your FB. That’s nice and very local to me so that’s decent hacking.
There is a yard right in the middle of Milton, not sure what it’s called.
Dovecote at Churchill is lovely.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
If you’re willing to travel a bit to Duns Tew, Premier PRE has a livery yard set up for dressage and the hacking is excellent with no need to cross a road if you don’t feel like it. It is full care, and they have a walker, a solarium, heated wash bays etc. They will also exercise for you, and they run clinics with visiting professionals quite often so I really enjoyed that aspect.

Ginny Howe also has a yard set up for eventing, and run by her lovely mother. They have a walker, and nice facilities with jumps in the school and both grass and a proper surface to school on. The hacking is also good and only a little bit of roadwork is needed if you don’t want to stay on the farm. They have a freelance rider who you can use to exercise and school too. They are really kind people with a laid back and sensible approach to horses.

I keep my horses at home unless I want to do some intensive schooling as I don’t have the facilities on the farm. I have kept horses on both yards, and will do again. They are both brilliant depending on what your needs and your horse’s needs are.

Singapuracat

Visit site
The one I mentioned is DIY I think.
I’m not totally sure on distances but (assume it was you in Oxfordshire HR Facebook page?)
There are livery spaces in Kelmscott, tiny yard, school, on site instructor, clinics etc. never hacked from there myself. Unsure about that.
Oxleaze who commented on your FB. That’s nice and very local to me so that’s decent hacking.
There is a yard right in the middle of Milton, not sure what it’s called.
Dovecote at Churchill is lovely.
Hi, yes that was my post. Certainly a lot of lovely suggestions, somewhat overwhelmed! I’m off to see Ozleaze on Sunday.

Singapuracat

Visit site
If you’re willing to travel a bit to Duns Tew, Premier PRE has a livery yard set up for dressage and the hacking is excellent with no need to cross a road if you don’t feel like it. It is full care, and they have a walker, a solarium, heated wash bays etc. They will also exercise for you, and they run clinics with visiting professionals quite often so I really enjoyed that aspect.

Ginny Howe also has a yard set up for eventing, and run by her lovely mother. They have a walker, and nice facilities with jumps in the school and both grass and a proper surface to school on. The hacking is also good and only a little bit of roadwork is needed if you don’t want to stay on the farm. They have a freelance rider who you can use to exercise and school too. They are really kind people with a laid back and sensible approach to horses.

I keep my horses at home unless I want to do some intensive schooling as I don’t have the facilities on the farm. I have kept horses on both yards, and will do again. They are both brilliant depending on what your needs and your horse’s needs are.
Hi, thank you. Yes the dressage yard looked lovely but might be a little further for me. I’m not really an eventer and I certainly won’t be challenging Charlotte Djurdin any time soon. 🤣

Singapuracat

Visit site
As you asked, 😂 here he is, Quest is 10, 16.2 “sport horse”. His previous owner homebred him, and used to do ODE 90cm and dressage. He’ll have a quieter life with me, but planning to start off with some online dressage and having fun.
He’s a laid back sort of chap and fairly unfazed by stuff, was golden when we took him to Colne for his saddle fitting yesterday. So credit where it’s due to his previous owner.
Ignore my pained expression in the ridden picture that was taken when we went to try him out pre-purchase. 😂😂 I was a little nervous. But he was golden with me.

IMG_2876.jpegIMG_2875.jpeg

Attachments

• d10391a4-bb9c-476a-b751-42345670ea49.jpeg
    d10391a4-bb9c-476a-b751-42345670ea49.jpeg
    323.7 KB · Views: 8