livery yards ib bristol area

annaellie

Visit site
Hi can anybody help me am looking for a good livery yard north of bristol am new to the area and desp want my horse moved down here with me so if any one knows of any it will ge great.

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
There's a good few around failand, which isn't too long a drive. I don't know names and numbers, but try the yellow pages
laugh.gif

annaellie

Visit site
I have looked in yellow pages I want to make sure I go on to a good yard cause I only have a youngster and am also looking for a new horse to compete on.

siennamum

Visit site
In that case why don't you try Sunnymead Equestrian at Westerleigh. They aren't cheap, but have good facilities & regular clinics with good trainers.
There are lots of yards round Bitton and Syston Common, There's one on the A420 in Wick, which is Jim Short's yard & very popular. You could alternatively travel down the ring road to Stockwood and go to Sue Rich's yard, which again has good facilities/.
Bristol isn't cheap as a place to keep horses, though if you are looking for DIY with limited facilities then there are a fair few of those about.
Beanyowner is based in your part of the world when she's in Bristol so might be worth a shout.

Best place to look for vacancies is Western Daily Press on a Saturday.

Law

Visit site
Asti puss in boots is from Bristol too- around the Patchway area. Her mare is on livery and she looked around many yards before settling on the one she's at. Can't think what the big huge one was called but it has three arenas i think, one indoor. XC course as well. It's just set back from a main road and there are competitions there.
Hmm name is on tip of my tounge !!

annaellie

Visit site
am not to far away I did not know there was any around that way, the couple ppl have said sound nice am just very fussy so i like to go off recomendation

annaellie

Visit site
Yes i have seen leyland court but I do not drive so its a bit out the way, I need a yard that I can walk or ride a bike to or on public transport route

annaellie

Visit site
I know its a pain I will be doing my driving after xmas but its how long it take. Where am actu from I have had horses for 16 years and worked and teached on a big livery yard and I always just got the bus but it seems a lot different here in Bristol hence the need for help locating a yard.