Livery yards in west sussex/crawley

xxxloz123

Visit site
Im going to be moving to Pease Pottage west sussex this year and I need some where to keep my horses. If anyone knows of any yards close to pp please let me know. I do not drive at the moment so they do need to be local! Thanks

Roody2

Visit site
there used to be a very good DIY yard just off the PP turning from the M23 (literally 5 mins from M23), massive yard with school, turnout and hacking straight onto ashdown forest.

Not sure who manages it now and (useful as ever) I can't remember what the yard is called!!!

xxxloz123

Visit site
I have no idea where ashdown forest is! Hehe! I know of Tilgate forest! theres a yard down Parish Lane. Maybe its the same one?

Roody2

Visit site
yes, I think its down there, there are a couple of yards down that lane, the one I am thinking of is almost right at the end of the lane just before you get to the railway line.

xxxloz123

Visit site
Haha! I recon this is the same yard then! I have not been to look around it yet. but i did walk down there and as you said there were yards all the way down so i wasnt to sure which one it was!

Roody2

Visit site
I can't vouch for what it is like now as it is a couple of years since I was there and the guy who managed then isn't there any more. But the facilities were very good with loads of good hacking.

mycobbler35

Visit site
Its called Cottage Stables, not sure of the number, but if you google, it will come up. The facilites are a bit dated now, and although the forest is nice to hack around, you have to avoid the motorbikes who seems to get away with murder!

xxxloz123

Visit site
ahh I know where it is now
smile.gif
i walked past it! Thanks