Livery yards near Salisbury

blackmagic

Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations for livery yards near Salisbury? Ideally Winterbornes/Pitton/Ford side of town but would consider others.
Ideally we are looking for diy/assisted diy, all year round turn out, a stable would be nice but not essential, and a school.

buzyizzy

Visit site
Gastons Farm at Wallop is brilliant.

I checked them out a couple of months ago, but I noticed the flaw in the stable livery, 2 bales of hay pw???? I presume they are small bales. I was getting through a large round bale in ten days with my two chaps, can't imagine how many small bales that is, plus two of straw is way too mean.

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
I checked them out a couple of months ago, but I noticed the flaw in the stable livery, 2 bales of hay pw???? I presume they are small bales. I was getting through a large round bale in ten days with my two chaps, can't imagine how many small bales that is, plus two of straw is way too mean.

When I was there they were large bales, but this was several years ago, and we were never limited to amounts.

ihatework

Visit site

If it’s a nice yard, just pay for extra?

ihatework

Visit site
Trouble is that it would be an awful lot extra and I do have to keep mine on a budget and that would be ££££££££ extra to pay.

Ok, but that is your issue. Having just googled them £38pw to include 2 straw and 2 hay plus the facilities is very cheap and not in the slightest bit mean

buzyizzy

Visit site
Ok, but that is your issue. Having just googled them £38pw to include 2 straw and 2 hay plus the facilities is very cheap and not in the slightest bit mean

That may be very cheap for you, but please remember that some of us are trying to do our best on a very tight budget and it's hurtful when people make remarks like this. :(

pansymouse

Visit site
I'm in the Salisbury area and pay £35 for DIY with a stable but no hay, bedding or facilities so think £38 with a couple of bales of hay and straw is pretty good value. There is a lot of demand of livery in the area so cheap deals are hard to come by and involve significant compromises.