Livery yards near Stonor, Oxfordshire

JayBee1

Hi guys. I am due to be moving to Stonor in the summer (fingers crossed) and we have two big horses that we will need to move with us. I have had a look on the internet and there does not appear to be many livery yards advertised on there that are close to Stonor. Ideally I'd like a yard within 5 miles that can offer assisted DIY, has good grazing and turnout, good hacking and a floodlit, good-surfaced sand school. If anyone knows of any yards or even the details of any private yards that would not be on the internet, I'd be really grateful :) We're moving from Kent so I have no knowledge at all of the local area :-/ Thanks.

ihatework

Stonor as in Henley on Thames?

From there Ewelme Park Stables (located Park corner rather than Ewelme) would be accessible - a nice friendly yard, great hacking, flexible packages DIY/Part/Assisted. School is good but not floodlit, that's the only thing not meeting your requirements.

Another option is Brackenhill Stud in Fawley, they have a nice indoor school, and do DIY or Part/Full. New owners have been in there about a year now, so not sure how that's panning out.

Or there is always Friar Park in central Henley, funny yard, but would tick most of your boxes.

A cheaper more agricultural type of set up would be Bockmer (near medmenham)

They are the main ones in your 5 mile radius that I can think of - from those Ewelme would be my first port of call.

If you are willing to travel a bit further then Frieze Farm in Sonning Common, is reasonably priced with a good friendly bunch of liveries and very flexible in terms of packages (but is a bit run down, so depends what you want).

If you have a decent budget then Cane End Stud is under new management and is very good, offers all you want, but pricey.

JayBee1

Ah Thank you for that. Lots of yards there to follow up with. I'll give Ewelme a shout first. Thanks again.