Livery yards Newcastle upon Tyne info greatly appreciated

Kelly2016

Visit site
Hi :)

I will be graduating from university this summer and my aim is to get a full time job and take on my loan horse permanently (Hopefully!).

I would greatly appreciate some advice and information on livery yards in and surrounding newcastle. He is currently stabled at a yard in Chester le Street which is not practical for travel time there and back everyday.

Ideally I would like a yard with:

DIY livery (bedding, hay, water etc. included)
Decent arena
Decent grazing
Preferably off road hacking

What yards would you recommend and roughly how much is the livery?

Thanks

Lgd

Visit site
I'm out of touch with livery yards but there are quite a few up around Sunniside and Whickham.

LC2013

Visit site
It depends where about in Newcastle you are looking. There are a lot in and around Ponteland & I can highly recommend season burn.im in Northumberland and there are decent yards around here but it really depends on your location required. I have been at quite a few west of Newcastle but none around the city centre. The one I would recommend is Seven Mile farm in Seaton Burn. Run by an excellent show jumper who really does know her stuff and used to work for a top ( the top) show jumper. Love it there.
Let me know exact location &?I'll try all I can xx

Kelly2016

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I have just read yours Turbobert and LC2013.

I have looked at Hack Hall in Ponteland as have a few friends on that yard, but I am open to suggestions!

I live in Byker at the moment and plan to stay around the city centre if I move at any point. I also drive so bus routes are no issue.

Thank you

hergestridge

New User
Visit site
Hi it may be worth having a look at the local riding club websites - there is a list of good local livery yards on the Corbridge Riding club site (listed under links). I don’t know any of the yards around Ponteland but there are some nice yards to the West of Newcastle only a 20 min to 30 min drive including Mount Huly livery and High Plains, not sure how much they charge but they do DIY and have very good facilities.

Char14

New User
Visit site
Hello, I've just moved to Newcastle upon Tyne in September with my boy. Here is a list of livery yards that are worth looking at which are run very well!

Mole hill farm - tanfield
Tanfield lane farm
West acres
Granby stables
Cookgate
Holly riding school
Moss close farm
Stepney bank stables
Old Felton farm Morpeth.

Most diy I have found to be around £35 per week include hay £25 without.

If you're on Facebook join livery watch north east and south Tyneside rider plus north east ride and north east all things horses you'll find a lot of livery yards on there just pop a post on and people will get back to you. Good luck

Last edited: