Livery yards - Telford, Shrops area

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I'm looking for a bit of help... there is a possibility I may have to move yards (long story which I won't go in to, nobody's fault or anything like that and I'm not a nightmare livery who is being kicked off and must move her horse tonight!).

Can anyone suggest yards around the Telford (Shrops) area please? I live in Telford and will travel about 25-30mins max in any direction, so could manage the outskirts of Shrewsbury, Bridgnorth, Hodnet, Mkt Drayton, and towards Albrighton, Wolverhampton etc.

If stabled, horse will need to be on part/full livery mon-fri and have the option of ad hoc part livery at weekends if I'm away. Need to have a floodlit school and good turnout. I would look at grass livery (he would be quite happy living out) but must have access to a school because in the winter I can only ever ride after work. YO has to be 100% trustworthy and knowledgeable - someone you know will look after the horse if you can't get there and who knows when there is something wrong.

All suggestions gratefully received however there are a few out of the question... TEC is a no, as are Long Lane, The Wyke and Tong Park Farm (the latter told me my horse was too big for them to deal with when I called them speculatively last year.. he's 17hh). So, is there anywhere else left around here?!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
theres one that does dressage shows - ironbridge way? - will try to find name of it.

I know which one you mean, Valley View. I spoke to them a while back (I went through a phase of wanting to move yards) but they said they were full so just go on the waiting list and hope... things may have changed by now though so it won't hurt to contact them again.

kezimac

Visit site
I know which one you mean, Valley View. I spoke to them a while back (I went through a phase of wanting to move yards) but they said they were full so just go on the waiting list and hope... things may have changed by now though so it won't hurt to contact them again.

ah cross posted - always worth a try - they may have space now -

kezimac

Visit site
if you'll travel towards albrighton - give albrighton feeds a call - they may know somewhere - 01902 372 266

LynnWalker

Visit site
I think Valley View usually have a waiting list - but its a nice yard so no wonder! My SIL was there for a long time, he horse was on full livery ( and he was a big hunter type) and they looked after him brilliantly.
There is a yard at Kemberton ( by shifnal) and at Kynnersly - dont know what they are like though.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I think Valley View usually have a waiting list - but its a nice yard so no wonder! My SIL was there for a long time, he horse was on full livery ( and he was a big hunter type) and they looked after him brilliantly.
There is a yard at Kemberton ( by shifnal) and at Kynnersly - dont know what they are like though.

Thanks, I didn't know there was one at Kynnersly. I will investigate.

I have heard good things about Valley View but when I enquired last year (or may have been early this year) I was debating whether to move - one of those situations where you would move if something was available but not fussed if not, if that makes sense? So I didn't bother with the waiting list as my only reason for thinking of moving was to be a bit closer to home but decided I could live with the distance for everything else. I will give them a call again though, it won't hurt to go on the WL now :)

I think there are a couple of yards at Kemberton. Unless something has changed, the one I know doesn't have a floodlit arena or any jumps so I'd be restricted to working him only at weekends in the winter. I prefer to keep my winter weekends for hacking and school/jump in the week when it's dark.

LynnWalker

Visit site
I know you said not Long Lane, but there is a new one a bit further along past the Teleur Arms Pub ( sp) which is quite new. Havent a clue about the facilities though sorry, I can try and find out tomorrow and get back to you?.

LynnWalker

Visit site
It could be, I remember a friend saying a new one opened up and they had built new stables - but it was a few months ago, ( rubbish memory!!) so I ll try and find out more for you.
Problem is a lot of these places dont advertise so its really word of mouth that you find out about them.
Will get back to you when I can.x

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Thanks Lynn. I know of lots of yards but anyone who is a decent YO has a full yard and a waiting list! A yard I was at years ago has space but they don't offer part/full livery any more and I can't manage on DIY with the job I'm doing.

shhdally

Visit site
There's Park Farm which is next to Kingswood EC. Indoor/outdoor school, and the option to keep out 24/7. Grazing isn't that great but you have a stable which you can use as and when you want.

smudge99

Visit site
Kingswood now does livery not too bad travelling as just off the motorway. I believe there is a yard behind Bratton show ground but I dont know if it has a school. There is a livery in Shifnal at Hemp farm (has a school but dont know about lights).

Just out of interest which club did you join? I am part of Wrekin North.

Liz

jnb

Visit site
I'm at Valley View - is currently full but definitely give them a call (YO works so you may need to leave a message) - the staff are fab and everything done as you want it.
There is Hem Farm (but it's DIY), they have a good school but only one light, also there is a fab yard at Evelith (just up from Kemberton on Shifnal road) which has school and fab YO but they are currently also full.
Tong Riding Centre (as was - now known as Church Farm?) Have heard mixed reports but has an indoor school with Cushionride type surface.
Then there is the total and UTTER horsey heaven that is Chorley Equestrian (google it) - but it's about 14 miles from Telford - other side of Bridgnorth but it really is WONDERFUL - shower room for people and horses (not the same one!) Solarium, 15 x 15 stables, 60 x 20 school etc.
Hope you get somewhere, our place is fab but ALWAYS full. PM me if you need any info/numbers