Livery yards

School out on flat field

• Total voters

xXxTraversxXx

Visit site
Hi, just doing a market research poll on what you would want from a livery yard, or what would be your ideal livery yard. Also wondered what is your biggest priority when looking at livery yards ie. does it HAVE to have an all weather menage etc. Thanks xxx
grin.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
There is very little I would change about the yard I'm on. Possibly a better surface in the arena but I've been there 4 years and it is very nearly my perfect yard.
smile.gif

lillie

lilliedodger.proboards99.com
i enjoy where i am now i have a school so i can ride at night & an XC course. we have all year turnout but its restricted from Dec which isnt a prob for me. we have 13 horses @ yard with only 1 owning more than 1 horse which is the most i would like. we have xc comps during summer & we can hack to a dressage place & we hire a lorry to 'all' go in. we have hay/straw provided by them but we buy on top of base rate which is a good thing coz your not paying extra when you dont use it.

the only problem i have is there is just 2 groups of horses mares/geldings there are 8 geldings & i would like them to be in 2 groups of 4 which is better as although you need more grazing it will last longer with fewer horses on it..

Chex

Visit site
Ideal livery yard
- 1000s of acres of hacking
- all year turnout in big (but poor grass) fields
- a grass sj ring and some xc jumps
- massive stables
- freedom to do what you want
- hardstanding for trailers etc, parked for free

Pretty much where I am now, if only a lot of the fields weren't crop fields and out of bounds for summer, and if the grass wasn't such good quality!

Allykat

Visit site
I'm happy with my yard except for the winter grazing. We have Insulated brick built stables, Indoor and outdoor schools, show jumps, jumping paddock. Feed badding and hay all supplied etc etc....If they got turned out a bit more regular through the winter I'd be happier
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
I am happy with my livery yard now, but I would like more winter grazing. Then again, the weather has been so bad here that even if we did have more turnout, I think they would only be getting out for the same amount of time.

What I would like is someone on the yard who would do the livery when you went away etc as we don't have anyone like that at the moment.

debbielinder

Visit site
good hacking is very important to me i cannot go round in the school every day drives me mad and my horse doesnt like it much either i live in the middle of liverpool but we have some great hacks we can go for miles or formby beach is 20 min in the box down the road i school once a week and thats it so hacking more inportant than school if there was one near by i could hire

TinselRider

www.gatesequestrian.webs.com
Absolute best yard I would pay ANYTHING to be on would have to include:

* NO B*TCHYNESS
grin.gif

* large, well draining and well ventilated stables (rubber matting a bonus)

* large (say 40 x 60 ish ) indoor school - pref rubber surface

* nice sized outdoor school - all weather surface

*full set of quality show jumps (inc fillers, water trays walls etc)

* a grass school would be great

*gallops (long enough to actually be able to pull up
blush.gif
)

* wash box with non slip flooring

* ALL YEAR TURNOUT IN SEPERATE FIELDS

*horse walker

* horse solarium or water treadmill

*private tack rooms - heated and lockable

* CCTV on yard

* equestrian centres nearby

*properly managed much heaps

*seperate yard for stallions with high fenced turnout.

That would be my perfect yard, not many yards around here accept stallions and ones that do insist they are in all the time...............if such a yard exists I'd love to be there