liveryman arena plus clippers

Tempi

Visit site
Just a quick question. Ive recently purchased the above clippers and am finding it hard to get the right tension. They are heating up too much and the clipper blades are getting way too hot. Ive clipped before using other clippers and have never had this problem.

I cant seem to hear the change in the motor when the tension becomes correct. Am i just being really stupid?

I obviously am not clipping with these clippers before anyone starts accusing me of clipping with hot blades. I borrowed a friends clippers. However im clipping Blossy out on friday and need to get my clippers right by then.

Any advice welcome please!!
crazy.gif

Tempi

Visit site
ah thank you!! i did try lessening them off a bit as i thought that was what it was, but they just seem to get really hot......il have another go and see if someone at my yard can have a look...............im normaly fine with clippers - they've just really stumped me!

Patches

Visit site
My arena plus's always did get hotter than my new Avalon clippers get.

I didn't have them tensioned very tight to be honest, though, and I wouldn't say they ever overheated and oiling them every five mins was a big help. I cheated though. I used to test them on the dog first to get the slackest tension but still with them clipping effectively.

Poor dog.

Caritas

Visit site
You do realise that blades do heat up if they are cutting air?? If you loosen them back a 1/4 of a turn and try using them, they may be fine. Good luck.