Liveryman element clippers?

Oaksflight

Visit site
Am in need of some clippers for the ginger beast this winter. Chances are he'll probably be only getting a trace clip, and clippers won't be used on any others. Has anyone tried liveryman element clippers? They're cheap, but also quiet and lightweight, which is what I'll definately need, due to lack of money and psycho horse when it comes to clipping!

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
I think they are fan-bloody-tastic for what they are. Use the 3mm length guard and they will cut at the same length as an A2 blade on a mains set. They are very quiet as well.

Just don't let your horse get too hairy, and make sure its clean and as mud will destroy the blades in no time, and oil them every 10 minutes.

We used them on Teddy for his designs about 3 weeks ago and they cut his coat really well. i'm now carrying them on my website.

DSC00284.JPG

Oaksflight

Visit site
Yay
grin.gif
What I wanted to hear. Planning on doing his first clip quite early on, as his winter coat is coming through already. I may have to buy some off your website at start of september then! Really want to do a stencil bum on him too, but it might look a bit random since with a trace clip??

Cancel that - just seen you have stencils the other way round! Now to decide what to clip into him...

Thanks x

Oaksflight

Visit site
Haha, they do seem v. good for the price they are. If I actually manage to clip him, I'll be the first one that's ever managed it! Wish me luck.
grin.gif

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
If your horse is nervous, turn them on for about 10 minutes near him, and then bring them onto him and get him used to the vibration (oooer) all over his coat for another few minutes before you start to clip.

We had a girl into clip jessie with a set of lister lazers last year and she had to stop in the end as Jessie was so freaked out by them.

We got a set of little trimmers, and she was fine with them, and then eventually moved back up to a set of mains clippers and she will stand for any of them now.

Oaksflight

Visit site
That's what I'm planning on doing. Horse rears when v. scared though, so doing it in arena, with fly veil so he can't really hear the noise, and the assistant of local horse woman who has been trained by monty roberts and all that! Friends horse too was petrified, and she helped her. I'll be happy if I can just clip him with sedation to be honest! Was thinking about starting with something smaller such as electric toothbrush, but will try with the clippers first. Have you got stock in now? I'll be looking at buying some in just under a fortnight when I've got the money.

Oaksflight

Visit site
Nope I haven't, the do sound perfect though. Far better than ones I'd have had to have him clipped with otherwise as they're very loud.