Loan Agreement for Brood Mare

sassyequine

Visit site
I am in the process of loaning my mare as a brood mare. I have a standard loan agreement which I have used before but would like more specific one covering a brood mare. I havent loaned one before so would really appreciate any help on where to find one or experiences of using one?
Thanks

cjdjivanovic

Visit site
Try the BHS; they produce a standard one which everybody seems to use. They might know where you can get some customised add-ons. Alternatively, have you posted in breeding too?

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
There was a post recently that proved loan agreements are not worth the paper they're written on, but you can but try! A loan agreement should work with reasonable loanees but they're not legally binding. Be careful.

sallyellis

Visit site
Please be extra careful and put extra information on the agreement that the mare should not be sold, ridden, moved, put down etc as this may help you should you need legal help in the future. My boy went out on loan 8 years ago and I have spent 4 years looking for him only to find out that the loaner has sold him on and its causing me a lot of distress trying to get him back.