loan

PorkChop

Visit site
Please don't let them make you feel bad!

I think you have been more than reasonable - be polite and don't rise to it - hope your daughter enjoys having her pony back :)

HorseMad91

Visit site
She's saying I promised id never take him back, I said I it will be ages before I took him back and if things worked out with my daughters current pony I might not need him back but things change and that's the risk you take with loaning

be positive

Visit site
She's saying I promised id never take him back, I said I it will be ages before I took him back and if things worked out with my daughters current pony I might not need him back but things change and that's the risk you take with loaning

This loan has been concerning you for some time, you posted back in August about him being overweight, hardly being used and probably in hindsight should have kicked up more of a fuss then, they are very lucky he has not got laminitis from the sound of things, that they are now being so difficult having put him at risk shows why so many people will not loan.

If there is any way of you bringing the collection forward then I would get him ASAP, then you can block them and move on, take a small gift/ card for the child as it is not her fault the adults are behaving so badly, a loan is a loan not a gift, you have a contract so that should be clear enough for even them to understand.

HorseMad91

Visit site
Now being told there is no way my daughter is capable of riding a pony like him, I think that's for me to decide when I see her ride him. The sooner I get him home the better I can't be doing will all the horrible texts day and night

Goldenstar

Visit site
Im still receiving awful messages telling me what a bad person I am it's beyond a joke now

Can you end the loan early , like this weekend .
Send a message saying because of the unpleasant messages you are sending I am going to collect the pony early .
And go with two friends to ride shot gun , it's not going to be nice in fact I should say it will be downright unpleasant .
Then have no further contact with them .

Landcruiser

Visit site
Dear X, I'm sorry that you feel as you do, but in the light of the current situation I will be ending the contract as of now and reclaiming my pony (tomorrow?).

You don't need to explain yourself, the pony is your property.

HorseMad91

Visit site
if I could I would go get him right now but I've got to wait until my friend can go collect him for me as I don't have a lorry :( I dread checking my phone as i'm just getting calls, texts, emails morning and night I can't wait for it to be over with. I can't believe they have no resorted to bad mouthing my daughter there is no need for that at all. It is people like this that put people off loaning their horses out, I thought we where actually friends when they where having problems with their other horses I would go and help them out and stuff but I guess not

Orca

Visit site
if I could I would go get him right now but I've got to wait until my friend can go collect him for me as I don't have a lorry :( I dread checking my phone as i'm just getting calls, texts, emails morning and night I can't wait for it to be over with. I can't believe they have no resorted to bad mouthing my daughter there is no need for that at all. It is people like this that put people off loaning their horses out, I thought we where actually friends when they where having problems with their other horses I would go and help them out and stuff but I guess not

I wouldn't bother opening their messages/ emails or answering their calls. If you really cannot go and collect him immediately (on the grounds that they have made your relationship and so contract untenable), then inform them (*in writing/ by txt*) that you will accept no further communication from them. Give them the number of a (willing) third party to call in case of emergency. That way you know you can ignore their communication, safe in the knowledge that if they actually do have to get hold of you for a valid reason, they can.

HorseMad91

Visit site
I don't think I know anyone id want to have to deal with the messages encase they start being nasty to them, they've even gone as far as bothering my mum as well now. I really do feel bad how upset their daughter is but I still don't feel I deserve all this

EmmasMummy

Visit site
Woah, they have overstepped the mark by continually messaging you now. Is that not harassment?? Also they are clearly quite dim if they think treating you like that will make you change your mind. I would get pony back ASAP as if they think that behaviour and threats will get them what they want, how have they been treating the pony to get him to go how they wish?!

I have a pony out on loan at the moment. Yes I have a few niggles, but on the whole they are doing fab with him. It is for a year, and will be reassessed in Summer and the wee kid knows that. If we do take him back (which is very likely) then the option of the child coming to ride him if they wished will be there, and in fact I would happily enter into a share with them till the pony is outgrown by the kids. But if the adult loanee got into that sort of attitude with me I would be up there like a snap to get him.

Orca

Visit site
I think I would pay a horse transporter to collect the pony if your friend can't do it this weekend.

If you don't want to use a third party this is definitely your best option. One way or another, you need to bring this situation to a close asap.

HorseMad91

Visit site
It certainly feels like harassment but It is like dealing with crazy people. I have only done year long contracts then at the end of the first year we review and where happy to extend for another year now its come to the end of this year long contract and I'm not happy to extend it again which I'm within my right to do. I thought if was nice about it then yes the child would still be upset but we could be grown up about it and she could still visit the pony so she didn't lose contact completely but the parents are both acting like children yet they like to remind me that their 15 years older then me and that I know nothing. I'm going to speak to someone later when I'm at the yard see if they can get the pony at the weekend for me cause it does need to end

Luci07

Visit site
and.. breath...

Not one person has thought this behaviour was acceptable. I think the idea of stopping communication with an emergency 3rd party number is an excellent one and then you can block them. Don't go alone as you will need the moral support and do turn up early. It will over and done with shortly.. good luck... maybe have something particularly nice to welcome you home (like a special bottle of wine) that you can look forward to while heading out to collect your pony.

HorseMad91

Visit site
It's so difficult to just grit my teeth and keep being polite when really I want to tell them exactly what I think and exactly how much damage they could of done to the pony by him being so overweight but I know I can't because they still have the pony and I don't really want to lower myself to their level even thought it is very tempting. I think the idea of something waiting for me at home is a very good idea. The only thing that keeps me putting up with it is knowing how happy my little girl will be when he's home and how much healthier the pony will be once he loses weight

HorseMad91

Visit site
Hiya everyone it's lovely that people care :) we're going to pick him up on Sunday so fingers crossed it goes ok and ill post to let everyone know how it went as everyone's been so supportive

HorseMad91

Visit site
Ive been childish and refused to speak to them anymore as there is no point. My mum has text them to say when we're coming but that's all the contact I've bothered with.