Loaner wants to buy horse

lilly1

Visit site
My lovely horse has been out on loan for a few months now due to lack of time and money. I've always said I'd never sell but this loaner \ home is perfect and I'm going to give it some thought.
Heart wants to keep, head tells me sell. Has been with me for 12 years and while I don't really miss horses; I am very fond of this one ☺.
Has anyone been in a similar position?
Value wise what would an attractive 16hh, 13yo safe and sane riding club level alrounder be worth? No affiliated comp records but done a bit of everything, straightforward and dependable sort.

wren123

Visit site
Have a look at Santa's little helpers thread, she can't find a sound, snag free horse up to weight for £3,000.

atropa

Visit site
I paid £1750 for similar in 2015, 13yo with affiliated comp record but not quite sane ;) plus I'm in Scotland. She has cost me about 10x that in get fees the 4 years since then but that's by the by.
I think in your position I'd sell if you're happy with the home.

Lois Lame

Visit site
I agree that a great home is a wonderful thing, but in this case, the original poster isn't sure whether she wants to sell.

I'd suggest asking the loaner to make an offer. I think very soon you'll know whether or not you want to sell.

Kat

Visit site
But equally how would you feel if the horse came back in a year with a permanent or long term lameness? While the horse is on loan it could come back and it could lose all value. If you can deal with that then long term loan means you always have control. If having the horse back is an issue maybe better to sell now to someone who you trust while the horse is saleable.