Loaning a stallion to a stud - anyone done it?

Alexart

Visit site
Just thinking ahead as I may not have space for my boy for a year or so if we manage to move next year so need to think of possible options as I would never sell him - has anyone actually loaned a stallion to a stud?
How do you even go about it all legally, do you have control over what mares get seen so you avoid any old rubbish getting covered for a stud fee!
Payment/cost wise how would that work and where on earth would you go about advertising where you are not going to get every idiot on planet earth wanting to use your stallion for free and not give a rats arse about quality/std testing etc?, and who would keep your horse in the manner to which he is accustomed ie. outside with at least one mare for company if possible not shut in a cage 24/7?
Or are there places who will stand a stallion at stud?

wonder

Visit site
We have some stallions on loan and some we stand at stud for other people. The ones on loan we get the stud fees and pay for the insurance, swabs, vet etc as if they were our own. The ones that we have standing for other people we get paid a weekly livery the owner gets the stud fees we would get the collection fees and the owner is liable for all vets costs, insurance etc.

Any decent stud would not let any rubbish mare be covered the ones on loan we have full control over who they cover but the ones that stand with us the owner lets us know the mares that they are covering or sending semen out to.

maggiemoto

Visit site
I know Groomsbridge (SallyF) have stood stallions for other people and also Langaller have stallions standing for a couple of seasons only so it would be worth contacting them. We have had experience of Groomsbridge and they are excellent so can vouch for them but have no experience of Langaller but I know they are highly thought of as well.