Local Hunt Hirelings

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of local hunter hirelings? I’ve been dying to go out hunting but my WB mare would quite possibly kill me if anyone passed us, and her chances of standing still are zero! I believe the price tag for hiring is around £100-£200 - is this accurate and if so is it worth it for a fun, safe day on an experienced hunter?

Penguin_Toes

Visit site
Where abouts are you? I used one at Richmond Equestrian Centre, this was about five years ago, she was called Dolly and looked after me brilliantly but I can't remember the chaps name! It was about £100

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Gosh, is that all it costs these days? I was charging £100 over 25 years ago (south of England).

It is a great way to have a day's hunting on a good, solid hunter who knows his/her job and will look after you.
In the South East the 2 decent hireling yards are around £200 for the day, poss slightly less mid week.
Obs cap and/or wire money on top.
Needs to be usually booked well ahead. Plus also booked in ahead with 2 of the local drag and trail hunts too as they limit numbers.for non subscribers on occasions.

leflynn

Visit site
HF Hunter Hirekings, Jack Thomas Watson (Northumberland) sometimes does hirelings or used to, be just as well to ask whoever you want to hunt with as they will know local availability

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
HF Hunter Hirekings, Jack Thomas Watson (Northumberland) sometimes does hirelings or used to, be just as well to ask whoever you want to hunt with as they will know local availability
Yeah, I will do - was just wondering if anyone had first hand experience also to help with the research :) I’m not a novice rider but I’ve never been hunting. Don’t mind fast and fizzy but my horse would kill me ?